TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Engine / Drive Train (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   '06 X2 dripless packing (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54584)

Gholler 05-25-2013 09:30 PM

'06 X2 dripless packing

Has anyone tried changing their own packing on this boat?

CantRepeat 05-26-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gholler (Post 939398)
Has anyone tried changing their own packing on this boat?

The dripless systems don't have packing in them, it has a seal. Get a pick of the seal and post it up. More then likely you can get a new one from OJ props.

Gholler 05-28-2013 12:31 AM

Ok so I found the real problem to water coming into the boat. My heater coil burst in a couple spots. Have a new one coming. But back to the dripless seal. When I hooked up a water hose to the main water intake and fired it up, there was water coming out of the bottom of the boat where the shaft comes out? Is this normal or do you think the seal is gone?

Kell 05-28-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gholler (Post 939962)
Ok so I found the real problem to water coming into the boat. My heater coil burst in a couple spots. Have a new one coming. But back to the dripless seal. When I hooked up a water hose to the main water intake and fired it up, there was water coming out of the bottom of the boat where the shaft comes out? Is this normal or do you think the seal is gone?

Normal. The water coming out lubricates and cools the drive shaft.

Sent from my iPad 2 3G using Tapatalk

CantRepeat 05-28-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kell (Post 939968)
Normal. The water coming out lubricates and cools the drive shaft.

Sent from my iPad 2 3G using Tapatalk

x2 normal.

When they say dripless that means dripless into the boat and you'll always have water running out the shaft.

Gholler 05-28-2013 09:54 AM

Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate the help!

Indyxc 06-05-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantRepeat (Post 939977)
x2 normal.

When they say dripless that means dripless into the boat and you'll always have water running out the shaft.

So it still drips into the boat?

Whats with the dripless name then lol?

FrankSchwab 06-05-2013 02:03 PM

No, it doesn't drip into the boat, LOL ROFLMAO WAI. Spend a minute or two engaging your brain and you'll figure it out.

There is a water line that goes from the water pump to the dripless seal. The water that gets pumped down the line is intended to make sure that the seal is cooled and lubricated; the water hits the seal and is expelled outside the boat. Without the water line, an air bubble can form in the seal causing excess heat and wear. So, when you run the boat in the driveway with a hose hooked up, you're going to see water coming out of the seal and splashing on the ground. But in a properly functioning seal none of it should end up in the boat.