TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Middle floor piece questions X30 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54571)

uplander 05-25-2013 08:15 AM

Middle floor piece questions X30

My 2002 X30 has a middle floor piece and I assume it will come off, are there any tricks to this process or just pull the screws and pull up. I need to run a new power and ground for my amp and it looks like this is the route that was taken. Unless there are other suggestions.

My amps are under the passenger seat storage

thanks for any replies

coop

jafo9 05-25-2013 09:17 AM

i just went through my amp install. i ended up routing the power across the tranny and then along the outer edge under the port seats then up to the molded in ring at the observers seat and then along the underside of the port helm/storage and then to the amps. i was initially going to run them up with all the other wires tucked up under the gunwale but the 2 runs of 0-gauge were pretty heavy and i was worried about them sagging over time and magically appearing where the cupholders are. at the time i had my rear bench backrest out as well as the fiberglass section in the center of the rear bench. because of the size of the wires, i didn't even consider going over the tank like the factory power wire. my plan was to repurpose the factory 10ga to power my WS420 over in the helm. when i tried to pull it back to the battery i found it was caught on something so i thought i could just pop up that center carpet section. just 2 screws. i never could figure out how to get it out. i could, however, pry it up enough to see that my old power wires were ziptied to the PP wires heading to the helm. i had just enough room to reach in and cut the ties.

bottom line, even with the center fiberglass section out, mine wouldn't budge.

uplander 05-25-2013 12:57 PM

thanks Jaf09 that is the info I was looking for

just curious where did you put your two batteries, if you add a bag on the starboard side the batteries are going to be in the way

thanks again

coop

jafo9 05-26-2013 11:15 AM

one battery is in what i think is the stock position. mounted in a box horizontally in the starboard locker pushed up against the backrest wall. the other battery is in a battery box in the port locker in basically the same position as the first. its horizontal and pushed up against the back of the backrest wall. since the port locker is continuous with the port underseat storage, it can be pushed up a few inches further toward the bow. what i have noticed is that the ballast bags just push them forward and form around them. neither is in danger of being pushed over and the compression of the battery boxes may leave the lid a little crooked but it stays completely covered.

my 1, 2, 1+2 switch and my 180amp fuse are mounted on the inner wall just next to my battery in the starboard compartment. i mounted my dual bank charger in the same spot in the port locker. all the wires run across the tranny in one huge zip tied bundle. i put sleeves on the wires where i was worried about any chafing.

hope this helps.

uplander 05-26-2013 12:40 PM

thanks again, I checked mine out and plan on doing very similar install

thanks for reply and help