TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General / Other (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Electronic Module (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54441)

patrhodes 05-20-2013 06:31 PM

Electronic Module
 
Fired it up and gauges quit working, and water under helm after going out. M/C dealer said Electronic Module unit was not properly winterized and water coming in through pitots for mph. Said it would be $300-400 plus $125 labor. Does this sound about right? Also, how best to temporarily plug those up while we run a bit before fixing? I'm having tons of people to lake this weekend. Please advise! And how do you blow those out? I've never done this before and never had a problem in 11 years!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 05-20-2013 06:52 PM

You could probably use a golf ball tee to plug the pitot tubes at the mdc (the part that cracked) I am thinking if you can access the mdc and plug it to save your weekend you can very easily change it yourself saving you the $125 in labor at the shop. Mdc are available online.

ProStar Slalom 05-20-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrhodes (Post 937527)
Fired it up and gauges quit working, and water under helm after going out. M/C dealer said Electronic Module unit was not properly winterized and water coming in through pitots for mph. Said it would be $300-400 plus $125 labor. Does this sound about right? Also, how best to temporarily plug those up while we run a bit before fixing? I'm having tons of people to lake this weekend. Please advise! And how do you blow those out? I've never done this before and never had a problem in 11 years!


Hopefully it's closer to $300 than $400. You can swap it yourself; just a few electrical plugs and a couple of screws.

Not a good design in my opinion...water pressure mixing with an electrical component. I think to "winterize" you would just disconnect your pitot tube lines and let any water drain out of the box and blow out your tubes. After this happened to mine a few years ago I just left the pitot lines disconnected since I use PerfectPass for accurate speed anyway.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 05-20-2013 06:55 PM

$300 midwest mastercraft,

I don't know why they have it $250 list price and selling at $300 though...maybe typo

http://www.waterskis.com/508060-p/ma..._box_99_01.htm

petermegan 05-21-2013 12:59 AM

Just pull the tubes off your pickups at the back, bend them back on themselves and duct tape so they are kinked close or do this on the MDC end. If you have PP to use for speed you are laughing otherwise grab your smartphone with GPS app. Easy to replace the box yourself. Have Fun.

patrhodes 05-21-2013 06:41 PM

Do you know where the MDC is located on the boat and how hard to access?

ProStar Slalom 05-21-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrhodes (Post 937923)
Do you know where the MDC is located on the boat and how hard to access?


Under the dash/helm; black box about 5" square.

patrhodes 05-22-2013 01:55 PM

Anybody install the Livorsi GPS Ski Speedometer? Sounds awesome and you eliminate the pitot's and tubing and water damaging the MDC. Sounds like a winner to me. What am I missing?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 05-22-2013 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by patrhodes (Post 938244)
Anybody install the Livorsi GPS Ski Speedometer? Sounds awesome and you eliminate the pitot's and tubing and water damaging the MDC. Sounds like a winner to me. What am I missing?

I have the livorsi ski gps speedometers...

patrhodes 05-23-2013 09:20 AM

Did you install yourself? If so how difficult was it? Are you happy with it?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.