TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Wetsuit/BF suit funk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54263)

CruisinGA 05-12-2013 11:26 PM

Wetsuit/BF suit funk

How do y'all kill the wetsuit funk smell?

Mine are only used in clean fresh water, by me, have never been pee'd in but still stink when wet.

I lay them out to dry indoors after a weekend of use but as soon as they get wet again they start to smell...

madcityskier 05-12-2013 11:39 PM

Turn it inside out, take it in the shower with you and wash it with bodywash. Be sure to rinse well.

2RLAKE 05-13-2013 12:25 AM

Then make sure you dry it in the sun ..l I actual put one in the washer once ... Gentle cycle

madcityskier 05-13-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RLAKE (Post 934945)
Then make sure you dry it in the sun ..l I actual put one in the washer once ... Gentle cycle

That must've been really nasty if you were machining it. Did it make everything smell like algae for a few loads?

bsloop 05-13-2013 08:54 AM

Don't pee in it :rolleyes:

Seriously though, as above; take it home at end of the day, rinse under fresh water, dry inside out for a day then turn right side out.

You can use woolite or they do have a special wet suit detergent for the washing machine.
delicate cycle.

willyt 05-13-2013 09:00 AM

there are two kinda of people:
those who pee in their wetsuits

those who lie about peeing in their wetsuits

sp00ky 05-13-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyt (Post 934981)
there are two kinda of people:
those who pee in their wetsuits

those who lie about peeing in their wetsuits

Exactly ya get in the water and it's hard NOT to pee.

SKI*MC 05-13-2013 09:35 AM

If you have any local scuba shops around, sometimes they sell wetsuit detergents. Works great and kills any stench, I don't remember the name, but they came in little packet. (almost the same size as a ketchup packet) Otherwise I'm sure some dawn will do just fine...

88 PS190 05-13-2013 09:53 AM

Woolite.

Its cheap, its at your local megamart or grocery or ace hardware.

Its not going to mess up your suit.

No sun, no hot water, no washing machines. Take your suit off, rinse it out with cold water, hang to dry over something like your shower rod, or in your garage - somewhere cool, with no sun. Heat will bake the rubber till it loses its stretch and falls apart - therefore you wanna keep it cool dark and dry until you put it on and wear it, once done you want to take it off, rinse it and hang to dry.

Finally when it smells funky get a bucket or use your wash sink full of cool water with a bit of woolite and swish the suit around by hand, then rinse completely and hang to dry.

88 PS190 05-13-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp00ky (Post 934992)
Exactly ya get in the water and it's hard NOT to pee.

Gosh use to have a family friend who would brag about how warm it was once you peed in the suit. I wouldn't let em back into the boat after skiing, ski back to the dock and rinse off.