TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   VDIG - only scroll UP, down button is reversed (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54252)

bjames 05-12-2013 05:54 PM

VDIG - only scroll UP, down button is reversed

2 Attachment(s)
Really strange... on my 2009 X star, both up and down curser buttons both scroll up. It appears the down button is reversed as it scrolls the curser up only. This makes making settings impossible since I cant scroll down. My Perfect pass speed setting is maxed out at 63 mph and cant lower it. (have to do a factory reset to get it to 20mph) Has anyone seen this before? Is it an easy fix?

Attachment 94881

Attachment 94882

CottagerGreg 05-12-2013 07:24 PM

I had to get my vdig changed to fix the problem. Maybe the dealer can check the software for you?

bjames 05-13-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CottagerGreg (Post 934848)
I had to get my vdig changed to fix the problem. Maybe the dealer can check the software for you?

Was this a know problem? Looks like my 2009's VDIG is a version 1. I thought they updated the VDIG in 2009. Thanksfully I purchasd the full extended warranty.

mzimme 05-13-2013 12:21 PM

James... you just can't win with the electronics in your boats, can you?? haha.. hope you figure it out.

bjames 05-13-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzimme (Post 935066)
James... you just can't win with the electronics in your boats, can you?? haha.. hope you figure it out.

HA HA HA... Your right on that :o

bjames 05-13-2013 05:03 PM

Just got off the phone with the dealer. They said the VDIG has to be replaced. I purchased the Corner Stone full 3 year warranty along with the Skiers package ($500 adder) that covers ballast, cruise, electronics etc. They still have to see if this is covered under warranty. IMO it better! The boat has 65 hours and I bet the original owner knew of this issue but didnt take action (maybe becuase he didnt need to use PP).

I hope warranty covers this...

bjames 05-13-2013 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an excerpt from my policy. So I see no reason it wounld'nt be covered. In case its hard to read, under Electronics, it covers Cruise, GPS... and under instrumentation guages, it covers Video Display, factory gauges ect.

Attachment 94942

RyanD121 05-13-2013 06:03 PM

I know this sounds rediculous, but I had a similar problem with my '08. All I did was start taking it apart till I could actually unplug the VDIG. I unplugged it, turned the batteries off, reinstalled VDIG, turned the batteries back on, turned on the ignition, and problem solved. That was during a houseboat trip to Powell in 2009, and still no issue to this day. Hope this helps. -Ryan

rtw_travel 05-13-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjames (Post 935202)
I see no reason it wouldn't be covered.

I think its reasonable to assume that when you buy a recent model mastercraft from a Mastercraft dealer, that any major faults are either repaired or identified at the time of purchase. Even if this was a consignment sale, they are earning a commission and putting their reputation as a Mastercraft dealer on the line. I would expect them to have already invested some time to look at the boat so they can properly assess its condition. Have a VDIG that perhaps needs replacing in its first use means that they missed something that they ought to have discovered and disclosed.

IMHO, they should fix the boat just for good customer service. Then they can figure out if they should bill the warranty company or not.

moleson10 05-13-2013 08:12 PM

I assume you have the VDIG manual and have done the reset described there. If not PM me and I can send it. I've also got the Jabsco timer manual and few other things you might want.

There is an undocumented procedure used to reset the dealer service reminders. Might be worth a try. I'll see if I can find it.