TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Will the IPOD input work with an IPAD? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=53868)

bjames 04-24-2013 03:42 PM

Will the IPOD input work with an IPAD? YES IT DOES!

My 09 Xstar comes with the Clarion IPod cord in the glove compartment. I was wondering if an IPAD will work with that plug? The cords look identical.

Mastercraft13 04-24-2013 03:49 PM

Should work.

02ProstarSammyD 04-24-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

My 09 Xstar comes with the Clarion IPod cord in the glove compartment. I was wondering if an IPAD will work with that plug? The cords look identical.
Should. From my understanding its just a signal going out not so much doing any conversion. I've run usb sticks, crackberries, iphones, ipods, crap mp3 players, etc. I can try my ipad this weekend and let you know. The real question is........why?

I would hate to have something like an ipad around water. I've dunked, dropped, and ruined so many ipods/iphones that I now use a 29 dollar sandisk sansa flip player.

BARE5 04-24-2013 04:02 PM

Yes it does. Now charging does not work with all.

broncotw 04-24-2013 04:10 PM

For sure.......

bjames 04-24-2013 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Basically I would be using my IPAD as an IPOD. The Ipad will be left in the glove compartment where it should be protected.

I cant find any information, but the flat IPOD cable connection looks like the same cable used to charge my IPAD. Just wondering if I will be able to control the IPAD as if it was an IPOD. I read somewhere that the IPAD is essentially a large IPOD Touch.:confused:

SKI*MC 04-24-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjames (Post 928852)
Basically I would be using my IPAD as an IPOD. The Ipad will be left in the glove compartment where it should be protected.

I cant find any information, but the flat IPOD cable connection looks like the same cable used to charge my IPAD. Just wondering if I will be able to control the IPAD as if it was an IPOD. I read somewhere that the IPAD is essentially a large IPOD Touch.:confused:

I'm not an apple expert... but I'm pretty sure all ipod/iphone (except iphone 5)/ ipad have the same connections. They might have different operating systems however... Your stereo might not be compatible. I would just plug it in and try it out.

Kweisner 04-24-2013 08:56 PM

Yes--just tried it with my Clarion CMS1 head unit connected via CCUIPOD1 cable.

93Prostar190 04-24-2013 09:29 PM

Did it charge? Some of the new devices don't charge on certain versions of the interfaces to stereos and such ...

Kweisner 04-24-2013 09:39 PM

Didn't leave it plugged in long enough to tell, but will check another time. My iPhone (original edition) has been relegated to full time boat music source and does charge, but I am aware that not all iHardware is charge compatible. There is a $20 device by Scosche that will restore charge capability to some devices. I have no experience with it though.