TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Upholstery (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cleaning Carpet (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=53843)

mzimme 04-23-2013 06:50 PM

Cleaning Carpet

What methods have you all found to be successful when cleaning carpet out? Need to get the new boat up to my standards and the carpet was neglected for a while. I've heard of people using washing machine detergent and scrubbing with a soft brush, is this the best method? Any products that really bring lots of grime/mildew/mold/other stains up really well?

sand2snow22 04-23-2013 11:56 PM

Pressure washer, just don't get too close!

gotjag941 04-24-2013 12:01 AM

Wouldn't get close to the carpet with a pressure washer your asking for trouble when if careful on slip and bam! Your screwed I'd get a good carpet cleaner like coral blue and a good brush and garden hose with a strong nozzle that'll clean it up like new for best results let it dry for a bit then hit it with a shop vacuum

homer12 04-24-2013 08:05 AM

Another question as I could stand to do also this year - do you just make a mess in the interior and then clean seats and other vinyl after the carpet?

Mgboyd25 04-24-2013 08:21 AM

This may sound a little crazy but I actually pay a carpet cleaner to come and clean the carpets in my boat once a year.
I open all of the various areas that have carpet and my guy gets into every spot. He charges me about $60 which may seem pricey but the carpets look perfect and stay nice and fluffy for a good amount of time.

TN X-45 04-24-2013 08:25 AM

As mentioned in many previous threads, I did the fabric softener in a spray bottle method and it worked great. Fluffy and smells good!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ttu 04-24-2013 08:26 AM

I have used a pressure washer and used about half a cup of tide laundry det. worked great and smelled nice.

Fletchx7 04-24-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgboyd25 (Post 928664)
This may sound a little crazy but I actually pay a carpet cleaner to come and clean the carpets in my boat once a year.
I open all of the various areas that have carpet and my guy gets into every spot. He charges me about $60 which may seem pricey but the carpets look perfect and stay nice and fluffy for a good amount of time.

I do the same thing and turns out great! Although, technically I've never paid for it since it's my neighbor. He has gotten anything we have thrown at him out of carpet in the house and boat......and that list pretty broad!! He even sprays a mildew killer/preventer in all of the closed compartments.

tdelong 04-24-2013 02:05 PM

Power washer is what I use also. It gets everything out and we've been using that method at the marina I work at for years so I have to imagine its the option of choice

nickespi 04-24-2013 02:15 PM

New carpet...:woohoo:

Or just do the pressure washing thing