TeamTalk (
-   General Discussion (
-   -   02 x10 tachometer problem (

123schwiebert 04-19-2013 01:48 PM

02 x10 tachometer problem
I have a Borg Warner tach and when i turn on the key it chatters and the needle moves around and stops where ever it wants. If i turn off the key and turn it back on it does the same thing over and over. When the boat is running the tach dont work then either. The number on the tach is 6502-08012-01. Does anyone have any info on where i can get a new gauge? I tried calling Medallion but it seems that their phones are down or the numbers on their site are incorrect.

CC2MC 05-16-2015 01:24 PM

I realize this is an old thread, but has anyone else had this issue? My tach is doing the same thing.

CC2MC 05-17-2015 09:33 PM

Mine has randomly started working again. These medallion gauges are very strange. My temp gauge constantly reads over the highest temp. I just need to get that one working.

76S&S 05-18-2015 09:21 AM

Right there with ya CC

ac505 05-18-2015 12:17 PM

I had a very similar problem, changed the MDC, no change... Very annoying.

It turned out to be a low voltage when the ignition was on and under load, mine would drop to aroi=und 11.2v at the MDC. I would recommend you try a dedicated feed direct from your battery to both the +ve and -ve on the MDC - easy to do, just trace the wires back to under the dash and connect up there bypassing the breakers and negative busbar. Make sure to meter the resistance between the MDC connector and the +ve and -ve under the dash to be sure that is not where the problem is. The design is terrible, jumpers, galore, breakers, unnecessary loom connectors, all giving the opportunity for a little corrosion...