TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Towers (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2010 X14V Tower ? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=53454)

hoffygator 04-07-2013 11:11 AM

2010 X14V Tower ?

I want to change the zft3 tower on my X14v to a zft2 or zft4. reason being for simplicity. I use the boat a lot, but I have to collapse the tower each time i use the boat due to garage height. This wears on the plastic tower knobs (on and off) and replacing them at 70$ a piece is not fun. I want the simplicity of the zft2 and zft4 (unscrew/turn, pull and drop it down)

Can anyone advise on my possible options.
thanks

Jim@BAWS 04-07-2013 05:25 PM

I can be of help if you need a XFT4 tower, which is what I recommend. I can get one drop shipped direct to your home. You will need to also order a bimini top. You should be able to transfer over the board racks.

If I can be of assistance please let me know

Jim at Bay Area WaterSports
813 996 2297
jim.baws@verizon.net

By email is the best way

Tower Change question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to change the zft3 tower on my 2010 X14v to a zft2 or zft4. Want an even quicker way to put up and down. We use the boat a lot, but I have to collapse the tower each time i use the boat due to boat garage height. This wears on the plastic tower knobs (on and off) and replacing them at 70$ a piece is not fun because they just wear out to easy in my opinion (coupling section knob mostly) . I want the simplicity of the zft2 and zft4 (unscrew/turn, pull and drop it down)
I can fix the holes from the front tower section by using the custom gas caps on MasterCraft by Design to "cap" the holes, so that's not an issue. I just want something better and not have to drop another 80k to get it.

Can anyone advise on my

snork 04-07-2013 05:54 PM

I have to ask Jim, how many dinero's for a ZFT4

jeffersR 07-19-2013 04:23 PM

If you decide to go through with your upgrade, let me know if you ZFT3 tower would be for sale. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoffygator (Post 922715)
I want to change the zft3 tower on my X14v to a zft2 or zft4. reason being for simplicity. I use the boat a lot, but I have to collapse the tower each time i use the boat due to garage height. This wears on the plastic tower knobs (on and off) and replacing them at 70$ a piece is not fun. I want the simplicity of the zft2 and zft4 (unscrew/turn, pull and drop it down)

Can anyone advise on my possible options.
thanks

amcmac 07-19-2013 04:47 PM

Jim I am also interested in changing my tower. Jeffers mine will be for sale if I go through with it

Baszy 09-15-2013 11:27 PM

Jim, i am also interested in the zft4 upgrade for my 08 x15. If so what reinforcements do I need. Also curious? Can I swap the windshield for,the bts, it is sweeeeeett!!!

markmcfarland 09-16-2013 08:27 AM

Jim, I am also interested in the zft4 upgrade for an 09 xstar. I extra reinforcement required? What would the cost be?