TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How long of a trip have you taken on your MC (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=53362)

sondrasflying 04-02-2013 04:40 PM

How long of a trip have you taken on your MC

A couple of friends are planning a trip from Huntsville, AL to Chattanooga, TN. I have a 2000 195 ProStar and was woundering how far I could get on 31 gallons of gas. The trip is about 80 miles. Thanks, Phil

ricford 04-02-2013 06:29 PM

As long as you don't push it too hard it should make it on one tank of fuel. Is there no fuel stops along the way?
If you cruise at 25 mph, it will take about 3 hrs and 15 minutes. 31 gallons divided by 3.25 is 9.5, which means you need to do better than 9.5 gallons per hour. Should be no problem for that boat. Maybe bring along a jerry can just to be sure.

mikeg205 04-02-2013 06:50 PM

Keep your eyes open along the river...who knows what you'll see ;) - duck dynasty baby... :)

JohnE 04-02-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricford (Post 921349)
As long as you don't push it too hard it should make it on one tank of fuel. Is there no fuel stops along the way?
If you cruise at 25 mph, it will take about 3 hrs and 15 minutes. 31 gallons divided by 3.25 is 9.5, which means you need to do better than 9.5 gallons per hour. Should be no problem for that boat. Maybe bring along a jerry can just to be sure.

That is my math too. Supposedly 26 mph or so is optimum mpg. I'd definitely take at least one Jug of fuel though. Heck there has to be a TT member along the route that will leave a jug on his dock if you pay him in advance at worst. Maybe 2, one for each way.

Sodar 04-02-2013 07:58 PM

I did about 60 miles around Lake Tahoe last summer and used a little more than half of a tank. Run time was right round 3.5 hours.

sand2snow22 04-02-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodar (Post 921384)
I did about 60 miles around Lake Tahoe last summer and used a little more than half of a tank. Run time was right round 3.5 hours.

No wind or waves?

Sodar 04-02-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sand2snow22 (Post 921391)
No wind or waves?

No. We got on around 9:00 and off around 2:00. It was really nice. :cool:

Covi 04-02-2013 08:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I've taken a real cool trip. Start point Newport Vt., Lake Memphremagog. Turn around point
Saint-Benoît-du-Lac, Quebec Canada. One of the coolest boat rides I've taken. To be able to boat in two differant countries was awesome.

photos =

1. Newport Vt. start point
2. US / Canadian customs (who knew we were suppose to stop and check in, that's a whole different story).
3. Owl's Head ski resort, Canada
4. Heading North through Canada

Round trip run time approx. 3.5 - 4.0 hours

mikeg205 04-02-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covi (Post 921408)
I've taken a real cool trip. Start point Newport Vt., Lake Memphremagog. Turn around point
Saint-Benoît-du-Lac, Quebec Canada. One of the coolest boat rides I've taken. To be able to boat in two differant countries was awesome.

photos =

1. Newport Vt. start point
2. US / Canadian customs (who knew we were suppose to stop and check in, that's a whole different story).
3. Owl's Head ski resort, Canada
4. Heading North through Canada

Round trip run time approx. 3.5 - 4.0 hours

Sounds and looks like a fun trip... Did you get stopped by the border officials for possible nefarious skiing behavior?

Friend was on a boy scout trip on boundary waters and the troop missed the border by one island (we're taking 50 feet when everything looked the same... )... almost got slapped with a fine... gotta watch out for them law breakin' boyscouts.. ;) scouts had to pick and move in the dark.

sondrasflying 04-02-2013 10:19 PM

Thanks for the input...I've just simply just found a spot on the lake (now the river) and just had fun in one location.