TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General / Other (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   First trip of the season! (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=53077)

96prostar190 03-16-2013 07:20 PM

First trip of the season!

Finally!! First trip of the season and it was a huge success. I was a little worried after a terrible last season and electrical issues. So far this year, I am optimistic! :D Now I just need the water to warm up and we'll be golden!!

Who else is in Arkansas that goes to Greers Ferry Lake in Heber Springs?

jmw 03-16-2013 08:25 PM

There are several on this forum that go to greers ferry. Most hang out on the devils fork/hill creek side of the lake. Water temp is still way to cold for most right now.

96prostar190 03-16-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmw (Post 916205)
There are several on this forum that go to greers ferry. Most hang out on the devils fork/hill creek side of the lake. Water temp is still way to cold for most right now.

When does the water start getting warm again? We'll probably head up again this next weekend!

jmw 03-16-2013 10:34 PM

The first weekend for most is Memorial weekend but a few of us usually start early May. My wife wont even go before Memorial Weekend which sucks because I would go in April but finding others even a driver is tuff. We usually hang out around goat island if you go west from devils fork campground past hill creek the lake gets narrow and is protected by hills so you can usually find some glass water. We go back in the channel pretty far when the lake is up and you're usually safe til Sept and then the lake starts getting low. Stay in the middle and don't go past 263 bridge until someone shows you the area or take it slow and watch the depth but the water is pretty murky back that far. I haven't been up this year so I don't know what the level is but it's usually really high this time of year. Someone usually sets up a course around Heber Springs Park/Sandy Beach near the dike behind the marina but that's the only course I know of on the lake but that is the other side of the lake from where most of us hang out and finding glass is pretty difficult over there except for early morning or after dinner. With a 190 I assume you're mostly a skier or footer.

Table Rocker 03-16-2013 11:49 PM

Lake Ouachita is a pretty nice lake.

thatsmrmastercraft 03-17-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96prostar190 (Post 916193)
Finally!! First trip of the season and it was a huge success. I was a little worried after a terrible last season and electrical issues. So far this year, I am optimistic! :D Now I just need the water to warm up and we'll be golden!!

Who else is in Arkansas that goes to Greers Ferry Lake in Heber Springs?

Great to hear all went well!

96prostar190 03-17-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmw (Post 916232)
The first weekend for most is Memorial weekend but a few of us usually start early May. My wife wont even go before Memorial Weekend which sucks because I would go in April but finding others even a driver is tuff. We usually hang out around goat island if you go west from devils fork campground past hill creek the lake gets narrow and is protected by hills so you can usually find some glass water. We go back in the channel pretty far when the lake is up and you're usually safe til Sept and then the lake starts getting low. Stay in the middle and don't go past 263 bridge until someone shows you the area or take it slow and watch the depth but the water is pretty murky back that far. I haven't been up this year so I don't know what the level is but it's usually really high this time of year. Someone usually sets up a course around Heber Springs Park/Sandy Beach near the dike behind the marina but that's the only course I know of on the lake but that is the other side of the lake from where most of us hang out and finding glass is pretty difficult over there except for early morning or after dinner. With a 190 I assume you're mostly a skier or footer.

Oh nice man! Thanks for all the pointers. Oddly enough I do more wakeboarding with my 190 then anything! It's not the biggest wake but I have a lot of fun with it and it was the best deal I could talk my wife into =). Well if this weather warms up again I'll let you know when we'll be up there again if you wanted to take your boat out early! I'm only in Arkansas till May so I'm trying to live it up before we head back to California.

96prostar190 03-17-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Table Rocker (Post 916245)
Lake Ouachita is a pretty nice lake.

Cool man, Ive driven down there to check it out but haven't taken the bot out there yet. It's next on the list though!

96prostar190 03-17-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft (Post 916252)
Great to hear all went well!

Yeah man, ya know, I think that putting all that grease on the electrical connectors was a great idea. My boat didn't even hick up! Two days in a row and no problems!!

You're the man, thanks a lot for your advice!

thatsmrmastercraft 03-17-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96prostar190 (Post 916383)
Yeah man, ya know, I think that putting all that grease on the electrical connectors was a great idea. My boat didn't even hick up! Two days in a row and no problems!!

You're the man, thanks a lot for your advice!

Two days in a row is a big step. Always happy to help though that one isn't much of a secret.