TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New tower design (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=53058)

vensol 03-14-2013 05:18 PM

New tower design
 
3 Attachment(s)
I have a patent for this new tower design. I would love to see one on my mastercraft. If you have any comments on what you like or dont like, I would love to hear them! Thanks!

jeff shelton 03-14-2013 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My first thought was this but honestly I have to say that I don't like it at all.

vensol 03-14-2013 05:35 PM

Hah. Awesome. I would really love some feeddback so I can refine the concept. Thanks Jeff.

thatsmrmastercraft 03-14-2013 05:41 PM

As with all new concepts, something we are not familiar with looks strange. In this case...very strange to me. Nice to have everything out of the way, but how well will this work functionally? The reason for the forward tow point is for mechanical advantage and handling for the boat. Certainly while wakeboarding, handling isn't as important as slalom skiing. Very interesting.

vensol 03-14-2013 05:44 PM

Thanks. The ski post remains but this gives more air, and the zip line allows for wider range producing more speed into the wake and farther jumps as the line moves with you across the wake.nt Mainly- I am a late in life wakeboarder who got sick of moving everyone out of the way and dragging my board across the deck before and after sets. Solves for allot though it does take alittle getting used to.

jk13 03-14-2013 05:47 PM

"Zip line feature?" So the tow rope slides back and forth a few feet across the top bar?
Might want to get some riders to test that one out first.

I remember the old outboard tow system where there was a cable that attached to the transom tie-downs and a the tow point was on a pulley that would slide side-to-side behind the motor. I never liked it much on a slalom ski.

Other than personal opinions on looks, the sliding tow point might be the biggest issue.

jeff shelton 03-14-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft (Post 915704)
As with all new concepts, something we are not familiar with looks strange. In this case...very strange to me. Nice to have everything out of the way, but how well will this work functionally? The reason for the forward tow point is for mechanical advantage and handling for the boat. Certainly while wakeboarding, handling isn't as important as slalom skiing. Very interesting.

I would also be very curious of the effect it would have on the wake, along with head clearance stepping up from swim platform and down to swim platform, I would also think this may affect bow rise.
The concept is definately different.

Ben 03-14-2013 06:21 PM

This would rule out any option of a forward tow point.
Not sure if that applies to wakeboats anymore or not, I am a skier.
V drives used to have a pylon stub at the front of the rear subpad to ski from.
This may just limit your market a bit.

Dylan 03-14-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk13 (Post 915706)
"Zip line feature?" So the tow rope slides back and forth a few feet across the top bar?
Might want to get some riders to test that one out first.

I remember the old outboard tow system where there was a cable that attached to the transom tie-downs and a the tow point was on a pulley that would slide side-to-side behind the motor. I never liked it much on a slalom ski.

Other than personal opinions on looks, the sliding tow point might be the biggest issue.

Agree 100%.

Also moving the tower that far back would render any ski pylon useless.

ahhudgins 03-14-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 915715)
Agree 100%.

Also moving the tower that far back would render any ski pylon useless.

And as thatsmrmastercraft stated, I doubt the boat will track the same with the tow point now at the transom.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.