TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   For Sale: Boats (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   1988 MasterCraft TriStar 190 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=53041)

jenglin 03-13-2013 07:34 PM

1988 MasterCraft TriStar 190

1 Attachment(s)
For sale is a 1988 MasterCraft TriStar 190 with just over 700 easy hours and includes trailer. This is MasterCrafts first open bow they offered and is a great ski/family boat. We have owned the boat for the last 6 years and it has ran flawlessly. The motor has never gave us any trouble and has always started and ran strong. The motor is a 351 Ford Windsor (240hp) with a 4160 Holley 4-barrel carburetor and a Power Slot (1.51:1) transmission. All new wires, plugs and distributor 2 years ago all part of my routine maintenance schedule. You will not find a cleaner motor that is 25 years old. The boat has an integrated swim deck for the times you anchor off and swim and allows you to sit on it at water level. It's also a perfect place to put skis/wakeboards on and allows you to slide right into the water. The observer's seat swivels forward, sideways and rear facing which is great for observing a skier or general boating. Included with a boat is a color to match bimini top which is put on every time we are on the water to help give us shade and a place to get the young ones out of the sun.

We have done some updates to the boat but have tried to keep it as original as possible. Upgrades include:
-New ACME 13.5x17.5 4 blade prop (recommend prop for the size of motor and type of transmission for optimal speed and hole shot)
-Driver, Observer, and Rear seats has new upholstery
-New Clarion stereo/cd player (removable face, remote, Ipod and MP3 hookups) (marine grade)
-MB Quart 6" speakers in the front (marine grade)
-MB Quart 6"x9" speakers in the rear (marine grade)
-MB Quart Amp (marine grade) all ran off a second (new) battery that way you can listen to the stereo all day when anchored and not have to worry about whether or not the boat will start.
-Sea deck installed on the swim platform (foam pad so skis or boards do not get marked up while putting on and gives grip while climbing into the boat)
-New 2 piece Snap Cover (one over the bow and the second over the cockpit area) and is able to be on while trailering. The cover over the bow allows you to stay warm on the cool morning ski runs or early/late season boating. My son found it to be a great place to take nap when not in the water. (Also comes with a storage cover)
-New bunks and tires on the trailer

This has been a great family boat and holds up to the MasterCraft name and quality. This has been an awesome boat and I have been proud to own it!
Price: $9,000 obo

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the boat.
$$
Boat is currently in winter storage. Contact for more pictures and can get better pictures when I get it out of storage

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 03-13-2013 11:31 PM

I love me some Tristar, Good luck with sale...

benihana66 03-31-2013 12:54 AM

Hi,

Where is the boat located, please?

gweaver 03-31-2013 10:33 AM

Based on this link in the ebay/craisgslist/boat trader thread, it's in NE Iowa. Link to the original CL ad.
Looks like a good deal on a nice looking boat.
G

homer12 04-03-2013 10:08 AM

Bump for a fair price and good looking boat. :)

BTW, where did you put those front speakers in that boat?

jenglin 04-14-2013 07:07 PM

Sold!!!

onejdgreen 04-14-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenglin (Post 925320)
Sold!!!

Glad you got it sold! Another new MC in the future??? :D

jenglin 04-16-2013 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah we replaced it with an '04 X9 and changed the graphic to more of the classic look.

SkiMor 04-16-2013 10:11 PM

Nice!

onejdgreen 04-17-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenglin (Post 926124)
Yeah we replaced it with an '04 X9 and changed the graphic to more of the classic look.

Nice! I see from the pic of the old boat that you are from Iowa, where at?