TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hit it or quit it? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52974)

milkmania 03-09-2013 08:28 AM

Hit it or quit it?
 
6 Attachment(s)
Found a suburban I need

Notice I said need, rather than want....
I can actually use it for airport transfers when people fly in for golf tournaments, corporate transfers and such....
Leather, sunroof, DVD, 4 captains chairs and ABSOLUTELY NOT ONE SINGLE WALMART PARKING LOT DOOR DING!!!!

Color I've wanted and options I've been looking for! Attachment 90831Attachment 90832Attachment 90833Attachment 90834Attachment 90835Attachment 90836

2005, 143,000 miles 5.3 ltr. and everything looks proper and well maintained.

Only glaring defects are driver's seat wear, driving light lenses broken out, and stereo preset button silk screen worn off #1 button.
Tires will need to be replaced within 20,000 miles, which is fine because I'll go to Michelin anyway.

Got him down to $8500.00....
Hit it or quit it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnE 03-09-2013 09:10 AM

Hit it. I'm thinking of selling my 05 avalanche with 100K and I'd want at least $12K for it. Driver seat wear is normal.

clrussell 03-09-2013 09:13 AM

I'd go for it and I don't even need one!


Tapatalk

milkmania 03-09-2013 09:25 AM

It just amazes me how one person's 140,000 miles of use can be so different than another person's 140,000 miles :(

Man, this had to have been Grandma's garage kept truck!

Affirmative on the driver's seat wear.... Have had Suburbans the last 17years, but skipped the last 2 when I went to Lincoln town car sedan (airport transfers) "the ultimate granny car"

But recently, I had to rent a suburban because I had 4 clients fly in with 5 sets of golf clubs and day luggage...
Would not have fit it all in trunk of limo or sedan.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milkmania 03-09-2013 09:49 AM

I wasn't thinking... But, is there anyone that can run a carfax for me?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tristarboarder 03-09-2013 10:01 AM

You need it, and it is even the color and the interior color that you have been looking for. 143k may seem like a lot, but those things will run well past 200k+ if properly maintained. Plus, if you are using it for business use, I am sure you can get creative and write it off some how with the IRS. I'd say, GET IT.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 03-09-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnE (Post 914043)
Hit it. I'm thinking of selling my 05 avalanche with 100K and I'd want at least $12K for it. Driver seat wear is normal.

Agree around here they are at least 12k for this truck,


Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmania (Post 914046)
It just amazes me how one person's 140,000 miles of use can be so different than another person's 140,000 miles :(

Man, this had to have been Grandma's garage kept truck!

Affirmative on the driver's seat wear.... Have had Suburbans the last 17years, but skipped the last 2 when I went to Lincoln town car sedan (airport transfers) "the ultimate granny car"

But recently, I had to rent a suburban because I had 4 clients fly in with 5 sets of golf clubs and day luggage...
Would not have fit it all in trunk of limo or sedan.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask if fuel pump has been changed, much like Mastercraft junk pump these will also go out and will need a new connector.

TN X-45 03-09-2013 10:20 AM

You can actually get the panel on the seat replaced for a fairly nominal fee at the dealership.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 03-09-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TN X-45 (Post 914054)
You can actually get the panel on the seat replaced for a fairly nominal fee at the dealership.

a new seat cover from gm is over $300 plus labor...

Hecker 03-09-2013 10:56 AM

Any decent upholestry shop should recover it for under $200. I had one done a few years back.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 PM.