TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Restorations and Refurbishments (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   1994 Ski Centurion Falcon XP Refurb (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52927)

SKIBUMM 03-04-2013 06:03 PM

1994 Ski Centurion Falcon XP Refurb

8 Attachment(s)
Thought I would share my winter project of refurbishing my ski boat. I know it's not a Mastercraft but this forum has been very informative on many aspects of this project. The interior was in pretty good shape I had a couple of small cracks but it was 19 years old. The foam was a different story it was all but gone. So far I have taken everything out and replaced the floor carpet. There were a couple of places that I put a new coat of fiberglass on as it was peeling slightly. The floor was very solid so I went no further. I then had a company re-upholster the interior with new foam and a little reconstruction of the drivers seat for a bit more comfort. I also had them construct a jump seat with storage behind the drivers seat. Here are the before and after shots.

SKIBUMM 03-04-2013 06:05 PM

My next project is to hard vent the heater tubing to the expansion cans and also hard plumb the flex tubing that vents from the bow to the enging compartment.

Then its mini tower with new stereo and I will have many questions on that part I am sure.

drschemel 03-04-2013 06:24 PM

Nice looking boat. The jump seat is a cute idea - just be careful you don't knock heads!

Sodar 03-04-2013 06:27 PM

That looks great!! I'll be very interested to see a mini tower on another skiboat. It should look great.

SKIBUMM 03-04-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodar (Post 912825)
That looks great!! I'll be very interested to see a mini tower on another skiboat. It should look great.

I hope so Sodar. I looked at your tower a ton to see if I really wanted to put one on at all. ND did not make one that would fit mine so I had to have it custom made and I took a picture of your boat and a couple of others to show them what I was after. I am concerned about tower speakers as I do not want to put them under the tower for head bashing reasons. The top of the tower will not work as my bimini will be right on top of the tower too. I was thinking of mounting them on the outside but the verticle load on the housings and clamps scares me a little bit. I still have some thinking to do on that one.

EricB 03-04-2013 06:38 PM

Very nice. I like the jump seat too. I would also like to see your boat with a mini tower. A full tower would not look good.

Ski-me 03-04-2013 06:53 PM

Yea, nice to mix it up with a different boat, thanks!

Interior look great and I love the jump seat! So rare to see those on this style of boat!

Table Rocker 03-04-2013 06:55 PM

Looks great, it's hard to beat a new interior.

One thing you might change in the name of safety: Your blower motor is pretty high up your exhaust hose. You want that thing as low as possible without being in the bilge water. Gasoline vapors are heavier than air and they will settle in the bottom of the bilge.

mikeg205 03-04-2013 09:57 PM

You'll just to finish it off with some MC decals...then all will be good with this forum...just sayin... ;)

milkmania 03-04-2013 10:06 PM

+1 for the jump seat:headbang: