TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Engine / Drive Train (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   superchargered MCX (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52922)

thamax 03-04-2013 12:24 PM

superchargered MCX

is there one out there i looked alot online and found nothing so far some stuff about a x-80 with a custom setup but looks to be a older mcx. i see that procharger makes kits for mercuiser. I have been a around a xic fuel system if nobody knows about it is a fully seperate system so the stock fuel system does its own thing and this only adds fuel as need through seperate injectors and can run up 12 aux injectors. its a big hit in the snowmobile world know as boost-it and i have one on a turbo street bike that works scary good along with several 4 stroke sleds. the fuel system makers never done a marine motor before so if anybody as insight would be great i know repowering would a option but its over 10k to get a LY6 and you get 50hp more so lets keep this thread on all things forced induction on late model MCX 5.7

willyt 03-04-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thamax (Post 912721)
LY6 and you get 50hp more so lets keep this thread on all things forced induction on late model MCX 5.7

real-world difference between an MCX and an LY6 is closer to 80 hp

thamax 03-04-2013 03:01 PM

at elevation like 4000-5000ft the 2 motors are closer then u think i have a friend with a LY6 in star same year as my MCX my motor is brand new with a hotter cam and he has about 6-9 lengths off the start and closed alot of the gap above 25mph then above 30 mph he pulls away everytime i know you should race boats but it was a private lake so it was in a controlled situation and about 3-6 mph top speed we are both running same props and weight is within 300lbs mine alittle heavier with extra sound equipment and aux ballast system so from what i know driving them both alot i don't see it worth the cost for me but the forced induction is appealing and wanna know who's got a setup that works and was it worth it i am not looking for a kit i know this will have to custom setup which i have no problem with gives me a spring project i know it will be intercooled and target 5-7psi and hopefully 100 hp gain my motor made 345hp at 4000 ft at 5000 rpm at the engine builders shop

snork 03-04-2013 09:13 PM

nothin for the MCX with digital throttle
yes for 2002-04 and no 2005 and newer

thamax 03-04-2013 11:49 PM

what is out there for the 02-04 engines?

snork 03-05-2013 02:53 PM

Whipple SC

Forrest-X45 03-05-2013 04:50 PM

I have researched this option a ton and have nothing but deadends. No one seems to build a marine solution for our year engines. Let alone finding someone to custom tune the ECM. That's why I seriously persued the engine swap route. I found it more cost effective to swap than try to custom build a FI solution and I didn't want to deal with custom issues during my short boating season or ruin a vacation.

I am interested in following your search to see if you are able to find a FI solution.

thamax 03-05-2013 05:17 PM

As stated before there will be no ECM reflash but aux fuel system that can be adjusted on the fly with XIC

thamax 03-06-2013 02:45 PM

this whipple twin roots style that fits the older mcx motors would it fit a new motor. i think i am leaning towards a roots style due to instant throttle response and built in intercooler which would work great. there really isn't room for a vortech or procharger on the either side of the motor so there is huge mounting issue. these older setups with a whipple charger drive off the crank or water pump cause the raw water pump is on the crank so how are they setup?

snork 03-06-2013 03:54 PM

I think the water pump becomes 12v not sure though
whipple does not make a sc for a 2005 and newer mcx because of the digital throttle control.