TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OEM cover for a 2002 X-star (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52784)

djkslc 02-19-2013 05:09 PM

OEM cover for a 2002 X-star

I am looking for a black travel cover that says Mastercraft on the windshield area like the newer boats for a 2002 X-star. Same body style as the X-1's but the "feet" of the towers are in a different spot than mine. Do those covers exist for an older boat, and where would I get one?

wheelerd 02-19-2013 10:37 PM

I'm not sure whether an OEM cover is still available. If so, they run around $700 or so last time I checked. Two of the big online suppliers are www.mymastercraft.com and www.mastercraftbydesign.com. Also check with Jim@BAWS.

However, also check out Ameribrand at http://www.websweeper.com/boatcovers...74-MASTERCRAFT Their aftermarket covers are made by Carver, a very reputable company. (There are other places that sell the exact same covers made by Carver but at a higher price.) Prices vary depending on the material.

They have a cover with the cinch strap under the rubrail that is almost exactly like the factory one. I know because I just bought one from them for my 05 X2. It is the same as what you need except the cutout for the rear tower feet is different. I paid $471. It doesn't have MasterCraft logo on the windshield but I can get that silkscreened locally.

I also bought a cover for my X5 from them a couple of years ago and was really pleased with it.

brucemac 02-20-2013 02:49 PM

If you find some, will you pm me? I'm looking for one as well. Mine's hammered.

shunra 02-20-2013 03:15 PM

I've got one for sale. It is not black though. It is tan colored with "MasterCraft" accross the windsheild. It is not a ratchet strap cover, but similar. It has ropes that go below the rub rail that get tied at the transom to cinch the cover tight.

I used it as a backup on my 2002 X-Star, so it has very minimal use and is in great shape.

jsta281 02-20-2013 05:05 PM

I have a black one in new condition. I don't think it has ever really seen the sun it has been sitting in storage for years and I used it this one winter as a second cover over my snap cover that is then covered by a tarp. It does not really fit my boat.

I would certainly consider selling it but would need to find out what a replacement for mu boat would cost.

If you want to pm me to talk details please do.

hobbes 03-01-2013 05:49 PM

Cover

Did you sell your cover? If not do you think it would work with a 2000 maristar 210vrs?
Thanks

djkslc 03-01-2013 05:58 PM

I did a swap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbes (Post 912282)
Did you sell your cover? If not do you think it would work with a 2000 maristar 210vrs?
Thanks

swatguy 03-05-2013 12:38 AM

I know its not a factory cover,

IBOATS.com has an exact fit cover that you can order with our without the platform coverage. Made by Westland in just about every MC factory color. Also has the ratchet strap option. Fits like a glove and is top quality.

agarabaghi 03-06-2013 11:48 AM

Will the stock cover of a 2006 x1 fit?

I know it was before the tower changed in 07 and im not sure if the mounts are in the same general location. I have my oem cover (not in the best condidtion) but i would gladly sell it for cheap ... $100 shipped?

wheelerd 03-06-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agarabaghi (Post 913177)
Will the stock cover of a 2006 x1 fit?

I know it was before the tower changed in 07 and im not sure if the mounts are in the same general location. I have my oem cover (not in the best condidtion) but i would gladly sell it for cheap ... $100 shipped?

Unfortunately it won't fit. I know from firsthand experience.
Last fall I ordered a new cover for my 05 X2 (which has the same tower feet as the X1). The company had an error in their pattern inventory and what they sent was actually a cover for the 01 - 04 Xstar/X2. The openings for the rear tower legs were off by about 8".