TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dumb Stuff People Ask About Ski Boats (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52752)

Double D 02-16-2013 10:18 PM

Dumb Stuff People Ask About Ski Boats

I cant take credit for this thread idea and I hope it hasn't been done before, but specialty boats are a lot like specialty cars, where nobody really knows much about them but still casts general knowledge and wisdom around, resulting in moronic comments.
I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain what a ski boat is and why it's different from a typical boat.

I have had the following conversation over a dozen times:

"Hey, nice boat! What size engine?"
"Chevy 350, 275 HP.
"Wow, I bet it goes fast!"
"No, just 43 to 45 MPH. Its made for the pull."
"Oh, do a lot a fishing?"
"No..., not on this boat."

Now my Friend Story: He was only ever out on an old wood boat with a 25 hp outboard.

First time I took him on the boat. I told him it was like a large jet ski so hold on when I turn. He didn't and ended up on the other side of the boat, smashing his wife.
Then I take him tubing. Run him around real careful and he gets real confident. Feels so confident he said "I bet you cant knock me off...."
OK, I had him thrown in less than 6 seconds and one turn. He apologized...
I tend to do that with the people who get cocky... :rolleyes:

Nordicron 02-16-2013 10:28 PM

How fast is by far the most often.

But I've gotten how much did that thing cost several times too.

wheelerd 02-16-2013 10:33 PM

Up here in Canada there is a chain of stores called Canadian Tire that sells mostly automotive parts and supplies, tools, hardware, paint, sporting goods, etc. Their house brand of tools is called "Mastercraft." (without the capital C) So sometimes I get asked "When did Canadian Tire start selling high-end boats?"

Latin Flyer 02-16-2013 11:09 PM

How fast

SPSinclair 190 02-16-2013 11:19 PM

Where is the motor !!![ lower unit ]

ProStar200 02-17-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelerd (Post 909586)
Up here in Canada there is a chain of stores called Canadian Tire that sells mostly automotive parts and supplies, tools, hardware, paint, sporting goods, etc. Their house brand of tools is called "Mastercraft." (without the capital C) So sometimes I get asked "When did Canadian Tire start selling high-end boats?"

I get the same thing, many times. Especially when people see the decal in the Rear window of the truck. My favourite is "MasterCraft made outboards"? Ya, your looking at one!

Tristar Racing 02-17-2013 12:19 AM

The confusion on their faces when you say a small boat with a V8 won't even hit 50mph is priceless.

TOO-TALL 02-17-2013 12:32 AM

how fast it??
Do ya do a lot of fishing?
What are the round things up there? (speakers on tower)

The best one I heard:
We were wipeing the boat down after a day of riding. the local dnr pulls up and says "I've never seen a roll bar on a boat before" then drives away....He thought the tower was a roll bar.

GoneBoatN 02-17-2013 01:04 AM

Most annoying:
Question: You aren't one of those people who play their stereo real loud?
Answer: Just for you, I most certainly will.
2nd most annoying:
Do you do a lot of fishing?
How the heck do you fish with the wakeboards hanging in the racks?

Aric'sX15 02-17-2013 01:11 AM

I get the how much did that cost one all the time. What size motor is the second question.