TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Are you a Prepper? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52541)

Bouyhead 01-29-2013 10:54 PM

Are you a Prepper?

Well that's what they call themselves in NY. A Prepper is someone preparing for the end. As in the end of civilization, whether thru natural disaster, nuclear and or terrorist attack, economic collapse,etc. They pack bags called " bug out bags" filled with dried food, batteries,etc. Seems a little dramatic but to each his own. Myself? Well I just have a few guns and a boatload of ammo. Are you a Prepper?

thatsmrmastercraft 01-29-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouyhead (Post 905412)
Well that's what they call themselves in NY. A Prepper is someone preparing for the end. As in the end of civilization, whether thru natural disaster, nuclear and or terrorist attack, economic collapse,etc. They pack bags called " bug out bags" filled with dried food, batteries,etc. Seems a little dramatic but to each his own. Myself? Well I just have a few guns and a boatload of ammo. Are you a Prepper?

By your definition.....yes.

Hecker 01-29-2013 11:15 PM

No I'm not. If I was I wouldn't tell you because you'd just come and take my stash! lol

thatsmrmastercraft 01-29-2013 11:17 PM

Not if you had a few guns and a boatload of ammo.:rolleyes:

Hecker 01-29-2013 11:31 PM

Maybe I do...maybe I don't...;)

BrooksfamX2 01-29-2013 11:57 PM

Nope, just living in the moment and oh, waiting for the zombie apocalypse..... :rolleyes:

rgardjr1 01-30-2013 12:15 AM

I do have an extra fuel pump that I bought at Napa just in case ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onewheat 01-30-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgardjr1 (Post 905426)
I do have an extra fuel pump that I bought at Napa just in case ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:uglyhamme

The only prepping that makes sense to me. Personally - I'd just end up eating the stuff late some night when I was hungry and hadn't been to the store, so why bother?

FrankSchwab 01-30-2013 01:26 AM

I simply stockpiled guns, so I can take food and water from the people who stockpiled them but don't believe in guns...

"I don't have to run faster than the lion; I only have to run faster than you"

/frank

GoneBoatN 01-30-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouyhead (Post 905412)

Exactly how does one prepare for a nuclear attack? You building a fall-out shelter? How long do you think you can remain in that fall-out shelter if you do have one.

Economic collapse? Buying precious metals will do you little good when you are hungry.

Gun powder does not taste that great. You might want to add some dried food and some sanitized water to that stash of fire power.

Natural disaster. Well seeing as I live in earthquake land, hell yes. I'm not that stupid. :D Oh, and by the way, before you say about CA, understand it is actually the pacific rim that is a concern. Also, some of you back east may want to do a little research about the New Madrid Fault. :D