TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General / Other (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Heat Exchanger for 2013 prostar (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52491)

mybobtail 01-27-2013 09:39 AM

Heat Exchanger for 2013 prostar
 
hi anyone know where I can get a heat exchanger for my 2013 prostar.
I am looking for a company that would send international as I am in oz
thanks

Cloaked 01-27-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybobtail (Post 904771)
hi anyone know where I can get a heat exchanger for my 2013 prostar.
I am looking for a company that would send international as I am in oz
thanks

What engine?

mybobtail 01-27-2013 09:59 AM

5.7 illmor

Cloaked 01-27-2013 12:35 PM

I'll call two places tomorrow Mon Jan 28 (eastern time zone) and see if they can assist.

Jim@BAWS 01-27-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybobtail (Post 904771)
hi anyone know where I can get a heat exchanger for my 2013 prostar.
I am looking for a company that would send international as I am in oz
thanks

My suggestion would be to contact a MasterCraft dealer with your engine serial #
and get the correct heat exchange unit from a dealer. ILMOR does marinize for saltwater
use. You need to consider your exhaust manifolds also

Jim@BAWS

mybobtail 01-27-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloaked (Post 904803)
I'll call two places tomorrow Mon Jan 28 (eastern time zone) and see if they can assist.

hey thanks a lot cloak

mybobtail 01-27-2013 09:10 PM

hey jim
my dealer here said see if i could get one sent over from usa as it would be a lot cheaper for me and then he would fit it . my boat seems to run hot closer to 190 all the time.
mainly want to try and keep it cooler boat doesnt run in saltwater

petermegan 01-28-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybobtail (Post 904907)
hey jim
my dealer here said see if i could get one sent over from usa as it would be a lot cheaper for me and then he would fit it . my boat seems to run hot closer to 190 all the time.
mainly want to try and keep it cooler boat doesnt run in saltwater

Now you have me confused?? How is fitting the heat exchanger going to make it run cooler? You were buying a new boat last time I heard, isn't it under warranty? Just seems a little bizarre. Tell us more.

AussieMC 01-28-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybobtail (Post 904907)
hey jim
my dealer here said see if i could get one sent over from usa as it would be a lot cheaper for me and then he would fit it . my boat seems to run hot closer to 190 all the time.
mainly want to try and keep it cooler boat doesnt run in saltwater

We (our ski club) are currently skiing behind a 2013 6.0lt saltwater series ilmor, with heat exchanger (in salt water), and it runs at or very close to 190F all the time.

FourFourty 01-28-2013 07:49 AM

I think these new boats are supposed to be running between 180-200 all the time. (Emissions Related)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.