TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Real Mastercraft (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52489)

rodltg2 01-26-2013 08:38 PM

Real Mastercraft

After reading this goof balls posts about "real Mastercraft " owners and people that sport the sticker and shirt but only own a vintage Mastercraft , it got me thinking. I almost feel the opposite. To me the real " Mastercraft " owners and the ones that should sport the sticker are those with the slalom boats. To me Mastercraft has always been and will be a slalom boat, regardless of how many wake boats they produce and sell now. Hopefully they never lose sight of their heritage. Those who own the wakeboard boats should have to say "x series Mastercraft"! That way I know who is a purist water skier and who is the new generation wakeboarder.

Thoughts.

Double D 01-26-2013 08:44 PM

Agree, 110%. However, I don't frown on my TT brothers & sisters for them owning a V-Drive or X Boat.... Can't we all just get along??

Tristarboarder 01-26-2013 08:56 PM

What about the "hybrid posers" like me who take a perfectly good, flat wake producing ski boat and put a tower on it, and add a bunch of ballast? Guess either I am confused or stuck somewhere in between....:D

Covi 01-26-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodltg2 (Post 904723)
After reading this goof balls posts about "real Mastercraft " owners and people that sport the sticker and shirt but only own a vintage Mastercraft , it got me thinking. I almost feel the opposite. To me the real " Mastercraft " owners and the ones that should sport the sticker are those with the slalom boats. To me Mastercraft has always been and will be a slalom boat, regardless of how many wake boats they produce and sell now. Hopefully they never lose sight of their heritage. Those who own the wakeboard boats should have to say "x series Mastercraft"! That way I know who is a purist water skier and who is the new generation wakeboarder.

Thoughts.

Im on your side also.

nickespi 01-26-2013 08:58 PM

Can't believe this is still going on...

Bouyhead 01-26-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickespi (Post 904727)
Can't believe this is still going on...

I think this one is just getting started....

Jerseydave 01-26-2013 09:04 PM

Real MC owner here.....4 MC's since 1994.

Somedays I like to ski or barefoot, somedays I like to wakeboard or wakesurf.
Currently a 2-boat owner....'93 Prostar Limited and '05 X-star.

So Rod do I qualify as a "Real Mastercraft owner"? :D

Double D 01-26-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristarboarder (Post 904725)
What about the "hybrid posers" like me who take a perfectly good, flat wake producing ski boat and put a tower on it, and add a bunch of ballast? Guess either I am confused or stuck somewhere in between....:D

I guess I'm a Hybrid Poser as well since I like to ski, barefoot, kneeboard and wakeboard. That's why I love my boat...

501s 01-26-2013 09:06 PM

Disagree. Seems a bit snobby to me. We all know "skiers" don't care for "boarders" and this kind of prepetuates it.

It's been wakeboarding and surfing that have kept the inboard market alive for the past 10 years. Like it or not the newer generations like standing sideways and doing jumps, and are less interested in uncomfortable stances and going really fast. It's the "sideways" movement that saved the snow ski industry too. Oh ya, if MC was only in the business of slalom boats, well I would say they probably wouldn't still be in business.

With all that said I have the upmost respect for Slalom skiers and the skills they have. It's a tough sport and takes a lot of practice. I got to really try it for the first time this past summer and it was much more fun then I expected. I plan to definitley do more and get a ski but you won't see me giving up wakeboarding anytime soon.

rodltg2 01-26-2013 09:08 PM

I must clarify , no one is a poser. Skier or not. Just seems like the " Mastercraft" name goes hand and hand with waterskiing !