TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Perfect Pass Stargazer Wake Edition (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52474)

LaRue 01-25-2013 12:47 PM

Perfect Pass Stargazer Wake Edition

Throwing a wide net

Can a person save some $$ and keep the wife a bit happier by purchasing components for the Stargazer version off Ebay or other website? If so, could someone PM the components needed. If not, I'll just keep saving $$ until I can purchase complete kit.

Thanks in advance.

east tx skier 01-25-2013 03:40 PM

Yes. You will need a mechanical system if you are talking about the boat in your profile.

1. Stargazer Master Module.
2. Perfect Pass Wide Display (Gauge).
3. Wiring Harness.
4. Mechanical servo to throttle cable kit (fairly boat/brand specific).
5. GPS Antenna

Most likely, the parts you could source on ebay or ski-it-again will be the gauge and master module. Unless you get lucky and find one for sale, the rest, you might as well buy from Perfect Pass or one of its dealers.

Most used SG systems come from people who have converted over to Zero Off. Unfortunately for you, those are going to be for newer DBW boats. So the only thing you could use would be the Gauge and antenna.

I sold my original SG module last year when I upgraded to zbox, which didn't work with some earlier SG modules. So you might get lucky and find someone selling one for that reason.

Good luck.

LaRue 01-25-2013 04:16 PM

Thanks. Boat is a 2000 Maristar with LTR

rodltg2 01-25-2013 05:04 PM

It's really hard to find a used system or piece one together. I looked and tried for about a year. In the mean time I skied behind a club boat, so I didnt need it . I finally decided to bite the bullet and just buy a new one. Much easier, and you know it will work.

ski/hunt 01-25-2013 05:04 PM

I'm sure you could "piece" one together. I decided to just bit the bullet and buy a new one for my 96 205. I will be honest----best money I've put in the boat so far--And it's not just for my wife when pulling me on a ski---it works great for the kids skiing, kneeboarding, and yes even on that "bastardly" tube.....

Point is get a speed control however you can---you will be happy!!

petermegan 01-25-2013 07:29 PM

Be interested in what you end up doing LaRue, I have the older PP and whilst I use it a bit, find it frustrating trying to use it for wakeboarding,kneeboarding and Slalom. I have to change between the paddlewheel and rpm based modes all the time. Have fun

GoneBoatN 01-25-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski/hunt (Post 904474)
... yes even on that "bastardly" tube...

A friend of mine taught me to shorten the tube line a bit and set the PP for 18 MPH. Then have a blast trying to knock them off swinging them around. This way you are not going so fast as to endanger them but the shorter line lets you whip them around a bit easier. Oh, full ballast can add to the excitement as well. :D

I as well prefer not to tube, but the kids enjoy it. So after I'm at the point where I can't hold onto the handle any longer or the water has turn to crap, they are welcome to tube as much as they want.

east tx skier 01-26-2013 12:27 AM

The trick mode in SG does really well. So, it's my bet that "tube" mode will be fine. :) I assume that the module will work fine for 3-event if you decide to reset it, i.e., if you come to your senses?

LaRue 02-12-2013 09:26 PM

Everything else being equal, what would you say PP adds to resale value of boat?

46Chief 02-13-2013 03:05 AM

I have the factory pp from a 2003 209. I may be upgrading to zero off so I could sell my whole system. Not sure what its worth though