TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Appearance (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   dagnabit. It's annoying when the state makes you put more stickers on! (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52454)

strad 01-23-2013 07:07 PM

dagnabit. It's annoying when the state makes you put more stickers on!

What follows is a bit of a rant lol. The new one this year is Aquatic Invasive Species, which every vessel, both non powered and powered, must display in Nevada. And would you care to guess where you're supposed to put it? No, not next to the state sticker on the bow. On the STERN, which up until this point in its 29-year life has never had any stickers on it that did not come from MasterCraft.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem preventing little buggers from hitching a ride from one lake to another, nor do I have a problem paying an extra $10 per year into a fund to help raise awareness of the problem. But I DO have a problem plastering stickers all over the boat!! It's just wrong, in every sense of the OCD world! Just out of curiosity, how many states have some version of this?

SP Maristar 01-23-2013 07:13 PM

I had to put a CO sticker on for Washington State this year (PO had it licensed in Idaho). I put it inside the boat, down low by the shower controls, so it blended in well. Bummer about pasting yours on the stern. Right out in the open. Rats!

mtajpa 01-23-2013 08:04 PM

They (ndow) also tack on an extra 2.00 for online registration for the Aquatic Invasive Species sticker even though they already charging you a 2.00 fee for online vessel registration. Even though you do it on the same online form:(. I'll pay mine in person just to complain to someone who could care less.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 01-23-2013 08:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
california CO warning
stern
Attachment 89057
helm
Attachment 89058

strad 01-23-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtajpa (Post 903954)
They (ndow) also tack on an extra 2.00 for online registration for the Aquatic Invasive Species sticker even though they already charging you a 2.00 fee for online vessel registration. Even though you do it on the same online form:(. I'll pay mine in person just to complain to someone who could care less.

yeah I was all set to do my renewal online until I saw the fee. That is just ridiculous charging more for something that is easier for them to process. I did mine by mail.

GoneBoatN 01-23-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com (Post 903955)
california CO warning
stern
Attachment 89057
helm
Attachment 89058

I confess, I'm a sinner. I couldn't stand the one on the stern. I still have it; just not on the stern of the boat. :purplaugh

thatsmrmastercraft 01-23-2013 09:35 PM

We have a similar Aquatic Invasive Species program going on here in MN with stickers as well. Someone was thinking though and allowed stickers to be placed inside and out of sight. The underside of a hatch is even acceptable. The only requirement is that is be visible upon inspection.

dvsone79 01-23-2013 10:06 PM

Never heard of this program. Guess we don't have it in AL!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 01-23-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft (Post 903977)
We have a similar Aquatic Invasive Species program going on here in MN with stickers as well. Someone was thinking though and allowed stickers to be placed inside and out of sight. The underside of a hatch is even acceptable. The only requirement is that is be visible upon inspection.

You can keep your zebra mussels. :purplaugh

Sodar 01-23-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneBoatN (Post 903976)
I confess, I'm a sinner. I couldn't stand the one on the stern. I still have it; just not on the stern of the boat. :purplaugh

X2. First thing I did when I got my boat was strip off all the warning stickers and decals. When the 2 CO stickers arrived, I laughed and into the can they went.