TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   For Sale: Boats (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   2006 maristar 200 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52300)

clc900 01-09-2013 10:38 PM

2006 maristar 200

I'm interested in this boat. Any thoughts on it? Anyone ever seen it before? Ad says it used to be in Florida but now Conn?

Any thoughts?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-200-101917848

kalamalka 01-10-2013 02:07 AM

Ive had many hours behind that exact boat. love it! That one looks clean and the price seems decent. That hull does so many things well, also that 06 tower is bullet proof.

kalamalka 01-10-2013 02:08 AM

Ive had many hours behind that exact boat. love it! That one looks clean and the price seems decent. That hull does so many things well, also that 06 tower is bullet proof.

bturner2 01-10-2013 07:15 AM

Nice boat but I'd go carefully on that one. The price is real good and the description has a couple warning signs. As in.... It's an Orlando boat that is now CT and the contact phone number is an 800 number for a dealer in NY. I also didn't see the hours mentioned in the add. Nice boat but there have been a ton of Internet scams come along. I'd try contacting the owner and see if you or a TT member can go look at it in person.

CantRepeat 01-10-2013 07:42 AM

Back of the boat looks pretty faded. Normally the gel coat is pretty thick and can withstand a lot of buffing. I'd like to know the hours and if it was a salt water boat. It is priced well below market value.

It says 6 ballast tanks so someone has done some ballast work on it since factory would have had only 3 tanks.

What I don't know is what hull this matches up with in size, anyone? Is it closer to an X2 then anything else?

ttu 01-10-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantRepeat (Post 900765)
Back of the boat looks pretty faded. Normally the gel coat is pretty thick and can withstand a lot of buffing. I'd like to know the hours and if it was a salt water boat. It is priced well below market value.

It says 6 ballast tanks so someone has done some ballast work on it since factory would have had only 3 tanks.

What I don't know is what hull this matches up with in size, anyone? Is it closer to an X2 then anything else?

it's the same as a x2 except doesn't come from factory with a tower, racks and ballast.

CantRepeat 01-10-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttu (Post 900771)
it's the same as a x2 except doesn't come from factory with a tower, racks and ballast.

Well then I could be way wrong on the price. Sorry OP. :(

bturner2 01-10-2013 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's not quite true. I have an 07 200 Maristar that was ordered with the X2 package. It is basically an X2 without the graphics.......

CC2MC 01-10-2013 11:55 PM

I send what everyone else has said. Approach with caution. I am a big fan of taking good pics of something, especially if you are trying to sell something. The price seems like a pretty good price but I would ask for more pics to start out with. If the transom is faded, it may have spent it's life in the water and if not covered, may have some interior damage as well. The pics of the interior don't look that bad, but it is really hard to tell anything for sure. If it was stored in the water, ask if it has blisters in the hull. Get the hours, as previously mentioned as well. I would love to have a boat like that. Let us know what you decide.

SkiDog 01-11-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantRepeat (Post 900765)

Last time i checked, Orlando was in the MIDDLE of the state. There is NO salt water there to my knowledge.:D