TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Waterskiing & Barefooting (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Suggestions 2nd set of kids skis (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52286)

dpolen 01-09-2013 07:06 AM

Suggestions 2nd set of kids skis
 
Looking for some suggestions...We finally got my 7 year old daughter skiing comfortably this summer on a set of HO Hot Shot trainer skis. I realize that these won't cut the cheese for the coming season as they are just a bit too small, but the full sized combo skis that I have are definitely too big. With that said, I'm trying to find a "cheap" pair of junior skis in the offseason. Thinking Fleebay will be a good source. Any suggestions for a set that is good quality and small enough for a small kid to manage on her own in the water? Or, does anyone have a set that they might want to clear out of their storage closet?

I found a pair of Obrien Vortex on ebay, any good?

Thanks!
Doug

Ski-me 01-09-2013 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've used these Radar skis for a number of years and they are great! The one in this pic is about 9 or 10 years old. There is also a bar that can be attached to the front of the skis and a small tie strap for the back. So it works for beginners as well as the older ones.

Kevin 89MC 01-09-2013 05:17 PM

I picked up a pair of O'Brien Jr. Amigo skis a few years ago for my kids, they work great. Got them on e-bay for about half price (~$75 I think). My 70 yr old mom even got up on them, popped her right up no problem. I think Overton's has a similar looking pair that were cheaper if going new.
Good luck.

mikeg205 01-09-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpolen (Post 900463)
Looking for some suggestions...We finally got my 7 year old daughter skiing comfortably this summer on a set of HO Hot Shot trainer skis. I realize that these won't cut the cheese for the coming season as they are just a bit too small, but the full sized combo skis that I have are definitely too big. With that said, I'm trying to find a "cheap" pair of junior skis in the offseason. Thinking Fleebay will be a good source. Any suggestions for a set that is good quality and small enough for a small kid to manage on her own in the water? Or, does anyone have a set that they might want to clear out of their storage closet?

I found a pair of Obrien Vortex on ebay, any good?

Thanks!
Doug

Did you really type cut the cheese????? :uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

mikeg205 01-09-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ski-me (Post 900490)
I've used these Radar skis for a number of years and they are great! The one in this pic is about 9 or 10 years old. There is also a bar that can be attached to the front of the skis and a small tie strap for the back. So it works for beginners as well as the older ones.

Priceless shot...look at that smile... a ski addict in the making... :)

Ski-me 01-09-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg205 (Post 900621)
Priceless shot...look at that smile... a ski addict in the making... :)

Thanks! That's my niece that fractured her head last summer from wakeboarding :( (see helmet thread). Fortunately, she just got the clean bill of health from the doc just a few weeks ago. So she can start V-ball and skiing again! She's an awesome kid. :cool:

dpolen 01-09-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg205 (Post 900620)
Did you really type cut the cheese????? :uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

OMG...that must have been the cold meds I was on this AM when I wrote the post. Glad you got some humor out of that one, I know I did now that you pointed it out.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated!

GoneBoatN 01-09-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ski-me (Post 900636)
Thanks! That's my niece that fractured her head last summer from wakeboarding :( (see helmet thread). Fortunately, she just got the clean bill of health from the doc just a few weeks ago. So she can start V-ball and skiing again! She's an awesome kid. :cool:

Fantastic!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.