TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   MariStar line gone for '13 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52205)

BigBarney 12-29-2012 01:26 PM

MariStar line gone for '13

Decided to start looking around for a new boat. Went to some local dealers' sites. No MariStar models for 2013. Is that model dropped?

mikeg205 12-29-2012 02:08 PM

Web sight only shows X and Prostar models now. I believe the V series I bet the V series will re-emerge as an lesser equipped boat like Axis. This is just my opinion based on the quote from the new CEO. It's hard to find a new Prostar these days at most dealers. IMO

willyt 12-29-2012 02:18 PM

Mariatar has been gone for a long time. If your talking about the V series, yea, that's gone

Jerseydave 12-29-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg205 (Post 898614)
Web sight only shows X and Prostar models now. I believe the V series I bet the V series will re-emerge as an lesser equipped boat like Axis. This is just my opinion based on the quote from the new CEO. It's hard to find a new Prostar these days at most dealers. IMO

A lower priced stripped down V-drive would be a sensible idea IMHO.
MC should try to appeal to the Axis/Moomba crowd and that price point to try and get some of that business. Not everyone has $80-90K to spend on a wake boat.

JohnE 12-31-2012 11:10 AM

As Willy said the Maristar name has been gone for a few years. I think that MC has been trying to come up with a way to bring back some lower priced boats without killing the used market for a while. Hopefully they have figured out how.

02ProstarSammyD 12-31-2012 12:20 PM

^I have no faith lol.

I think part of the problem is they don't want to make a product that takes away from the glory of the beautiful top of the line Mastercraft name. I keep thinking about what they could remove etc to lower the costs but I'm blanking a bit. I mean obviously ditch the digital gauges along with touchscreens but I doubt they want to mess with diff upholstery etc. I mean we are talking a few grand which to be honest is pissing in the wind in the big scheme of things.

BigBarney 12-31-2012 01:52 PM

That's a bummer. I'm done with wakeboarding. So I don't need an X series. But I'd like to have a tower for pulling the kids. And the wife wants a bigger boat than our X-30. I haven't looked at a brochure since '06. Didn;t even know the line had been dropped :(

kskonn 12-31-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBarney (Post 898845)
That's a bummer. I'm done with wakeboarding. So I don't need an X series. But I'd like to have a tower for pulling the kids. And the wife wants a bigger boat than our X-30. I haven't looked at a brochure since '06. Didn;t even know the line had been dropped :(

Sounds like with those type of requirements you would be fairly limited in your selection either way. Why not a year or two old X45, outside of that I would assume you would be looking at a bay liner or Cobalt of some sort.

BigBarney 01-01-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskonn (Post 898846)
Sounds like with those type of requirements you would be fairly limited in your selection either way. Why not a year or two old X45, outside of that I would assume you would be looking at a bay liner or Cobalt of some sort.

Limited with MasterCraft unfortunately.

Started off with a ProStar in '96 when I ski'd quite a bit. Switched to the X30 when wakeboarding was my hobby. Now I'm content to pull around the kids and just chill-ax on the lake. I'd like to do it in style.

This is not how I wanted to start 2013......

JohnE 01-01-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBarney (Post 898952)
Limited with MasterCraft unfortunately.

Started off with a ProStar in '96 when I ski'd quite a bit. Switched to the X30 when wakeboarding was my hobby. Now I'm content to pull around the kids and just chill-ax on the lake. I'd like to do it in style.

This is not how I wanted to start 2013......

Why not just buy an X-series?. Little difference between that and the old maristar series anyway since you want a tower.