TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding & Wakeskating (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Wakeboarding spots in the FLA Keys? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52194)

Jerseydave 12-27-2012 08:35 PM

Wakeboarding spots in the FLA Keys?

We are heading there soon, wondering if there is anyone that can take us out wakeboarding? I've seen places that offer it, but only behind a Whaler or similar boat. It would be nice to find a watersports company with a real wake boat.

Latin Flyer 12-28-2012 11:35 PM

I can offer a ride if you are in the FLL area.

Jerseydave 12-29-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latin Flyer (Post 898557)
I can offer a ride if you are in the FLL area.

Thanks for the offer! We are flying into Ft Lauderdale but since we only have 4 days in the Keys I know the family will want to head to the hotel down there right away. I was hoping to find something near Marathon or Islamorada. Thanks anyway though.

Jerseydave 12-31-2012 04:22 PM

www.keyscable.com

I just got off the phone with Mike @ Keyscable, super nice guy (from Jersey too!)

Anyway, they run (2) two-tower cable systems there on a 7 acre lake with some features like sliders and kickers.......I'm in!

I'll take some pics/video when I go down and post them up for anyone that wants to check this place out. Oh and they also have a '95 Ski Nautique you can charter with driver.

JohnE 12-31-2012 05:42 PM

Enjoy Dave. And post pics when you get back

shepherd 12-31-2012 08:23 PM

I didn't know they had any lakes in the Keys. :confused: Where is it? Where are you staying? If you see a slalom course there, let us know! My grandmother used to live in Islamorada, before she passed away. I towed my PS190 down there once (from Orlando) for the holidays and enjoyed some open water skiing. It was about 10 years ago. Have fun!

Jerseydave 01-01-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shepherd (Post 898930)
I didn't know they had any lakes in the Keys. :confused: Where is it? Where are you staying? If you see a slalom course there, let us know! My grandmother used to live in Islamorada, before she passed away. I towed my PS190 down there once (from Orlando) for the holidays and enjoyed some open water skiing. It was about 10 years ago. Have fun!

It's on Grassy Key, 1.5 miles south of Duck Key (where we are staying). It's south of Islamorada. If you look at their main website it shows an overhead view of the lake, which is salt water fed by the ocean through coral/rocks according to the owner. Sesitec 2.0 cable and a Cablebahn cable which he claims has less "slack" in it than the Sesitec.

bbymgr 01-01-2013 11:53 AM

There is a good restaurant right there called the Wreck Galley & Grill. I have eaten there a couple of times.

JRW160 02-14-2013 12:47 PM

Did you ever make it to the cable? I'm heading down there next week, and I've been thinking about spending half a day at the cable park.

Jerseydave 02-14-2013 09:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRW160 (Post 909091)
Did you ever make it to the cable? I'm heading down there next week, and I've been thinking about spending half a day at the cable park.

We did ride the cable....it was fun! They have a cablebahn and a sesitec 2.0
2 sliders, 2 kickers all on the same cable. See pics
Cool people, they also have boards and helmets to rent (we did)
If you've never tried a 2-tower cable give it a go...it's fun!
www.keyscable.com

Attachment 90057

Attachment 90058