TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Engine / Drive Train (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   San Diego (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52087)

jeverett 12-18-2012 01:48 PM

San Diego

I am considering a move back to San Diego. In fact I have already completed negotiations with a Company, It is just a matter of ironing out the relocation details. I went to College in San Diego but it has been 20 years since I lived there.

I am looking at living in north county, and was wondering where your favorite places to boat / Wake board are. I have an older ('93 PS 190) so I am not apposed to putting a salt water kit on it to play in Mission Bay, but I also may just sell it when I get it down there anyway. I am open to all suggestions. Jim@BAWS if you see this I will be needing a New Trailer (SW) if I do that, so if you could PM me your information that would be kool.

Thanks for the advise.

JustinLoFlow 12-18-2012 03:16 PM

Elsinore is the only public fresh water spot that I know of. Canyon is waaaaaay sick but you have to live on the lake to put your boat in the water. Thats all I know of... anyone else?

jeverett 12-18-2012 03:21 PM

That is what I figured so I am prepared to put a SW package on my boat and try and get a few more years of fun out of her.

jeverett 12-18-2012 03:23 PM

Anyone have a SW package they want to sell that will fit a '93 PS 190. I want to do it right so I will want to do the exhaust as well.

Sodar 12-18-2012 04:09 PM

Smell-some-more is cool for a quick day trip. The Colorado river is where everyone heads for the weekends. Mission Bay has a course and is cool if you are setting your boat up for the salt bath. When I looked into installing a complete closed system, it was cheaper to replace the manifolds and risers every 5-7 years than it was to try to install a closed system. I went with a block only system and then never dumped it in the salt. What a waste.

jeverett 12-18-2012 05:31 PM

Thanks Cameron: Kind of dicey running an inboard in the river isn't it? Do you have luck with that, I am pretty good at reading the water but the bottom can come up on you fast! I know Mead and Havasu are an option too.

Sodar 12-18-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeverett (Post 897024)
Thanks Cameron: Kind of dicey running an inboard in the river isn't it? Do you have luck with that, I am pretty good at reading the water but the bottom can come up on you fast! I know Mead and Havasu are an option too.

No, a lot of people run the river with inboards. It all depends on when and where you go. Mead and Havasu are both categorized as "the river", too.

jeverett 12-18-2012 05:43 PM

I think I still might set up for SW, do you have any recommendations for a good set up?

Sodar 12-18-2012 05:53 PM

Orca is the big player in the game. Their systems are easy to install. I had mine installed at the dealer and I would have probably done it myself had I know how easy it was.

jeverett 12-18-2012 06:36 PM

Thanks Cameron now I need a galvanized trailer too!