TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding & Wakeskating (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ronix One vs Parks (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51731)

kgrove 11-19-2012 01:29 PM

Ronix One vs Parks

I'm thinking of buying myself a new board as a holiday gift. Anyone have any direct comparisons of the 2012 Ronix One versus the 2012 Ronix Parks?

I've been riding the Ibex for some time, so my guess is the Parks will feel more familiar to me. I know the Parks has a touch more rocker and a slightly wider waist than the One. From the descriptions Ronix gives, it appears they are selling the Parks as a more versatile, easy to ride board and the One as a pure advanced board, which surprised me somewhat given Parks historic reputation for über aggressive boards. Maybe the knee injuries have him thinking differently now.

I'm really looking for guidance as to how they will feel different on the water and/or what kind of riding styles would be more likely to like one versus the other. I'm quite sure they are both good boards. I had a chance to demo a One, but have not been able to demo a Parks, nor will I before I purchase unfortunately. It took me some time to get use to the One on my demo ride, but eventually I got to the point I felt like I enjoyed it (difficult to change boards when you've ridden the same thing for a number of years) but I have no idea whether it would be better or worse than the Parks board.

michiganTristar 11-19-2012 02:35 PM

Ive ridden both boards and also currently ride a 2011 IBEX, heres my opinion.

2012 Parks- If you choose this board go ATR, much lighter swingweight and a lot faster on the water, I was able to ride this board much longer than my current set up as it required much less effort. I did have a few issues with it though. I ride mainly behind an older boat with not a huge wake, all new boards are designed to work with the massive sizes of wakes now a days and i had a little more trouble getting the pop i was looking for, but overall this board would make for a smooth transistion from the IBEX. Where it lacks in pop it makes up for in speed.

2012 ONE-

This board is FAST!! Slippery on the water and if your not use to landing away from the boat on edge you will catch the wrong edge on landing and smack the water hard! If you are not an advanced rider and by that i mean being able to ride switch throw 3's, backrolls and land blind i would not get this board. It took me an entire weekend to even get use to it, the only way it actually felt good was when i rode at 24 mph and just use the snap of the board to throw tricks. Very difficult to learn on, comparable to the Cookie Board by Ronix, only board harder to learn on is the Timebomb.

bcd 11-19-2012 05:11 PM

Did you ride the 2012 One with the fins removed? I have a 2010 One, and I think it rides like it's one rails with the fins in. I haven't ever tried it without because there aren't any molded in fins, and I'm worried about it being too loose. I pulled the standard 1" fins off and replaced them with 1/2" Byerly blunts. It still tracks well, but I'm able to break it loose when I want.

kgrove 11-19-2012 08:01 PM

I rode the 2012 One with the standard 1" fins. I found it to be a pretty loose board despite what I assumed would be too large of fins. It was noticeably looser than my Ibex ('06?) with 0.8" fins, for instance. I have not ridden the 2010 One like yours but by reputation the 2012 design is much looser than the previous version.

michiganTristar 11-20-2012 09:39 AM

@bcd- I ride everything with the fins in, only took them out of my 2011 IBEX for the parks and to help me really learn edge control. Rode for a week with them out, took a lot of hard falls, but when i put them back in it was like I was an entire different rider, was really able to control everything with the board.

@kgrove- Yeah the new One board are a lot looser then the previous models, but same goes for the new Parks boards.

If you do decide on the Parks board i think there was a guy on here selling a 2012 139 for $300, truthfully its the same price on EVO.com and theirs is not a demo board.

_fng_ 11-20-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michiganTristar (Post 891514)

If you do decide on the Parks board i think there was a guy on here selling a 2012 139 for $300, truthfully its the same price on EVO.com and theirs is not a demo board.

use code superbig for 20% off, some pretty deals to be had now!

kgrove 11-20-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _fng_ (Post 891516)
use code superbig for 20% off, some pretty deals to be had now!

Yep. Evo outlet has both the Parks and One for $225 with that discount (numerous other boards too but I'm focused on those two).

kgrove 11-30-2012 12:20 AM

I pulled the trigger and bought the One - $425 for both the One Modello board and bindings. My old bindings were just fine, but they have the 8 inch mounts instead of the newer 6 inch, so I decided to get new bindings at the same time while they were such a good price and give me more mounting options. I bought them through evo.com.... should arrive on Monday.

Any idea what a 2006 Ibex with Cell bindings should sell for (very good condition)? I see people posting much worse boards on craigslist for $200-$300, but I have no idea what they end up selling them for. That seems to high to me given what I just paid for a brand new setup.