TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Upholstery (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   2006 X2 Seat Missing! (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51680)

DoubleE 11-13-2012 12:41 PM

2006 X2 Seat Missing!

1 Attachment(s)
Dang it, put my boat back together after pulling it apart from winterizing to find out the seat behind the driver seat is missing! The only thing I can think of is it must have flown out when I didn't put all the seats back in place because I was only driving 2 miles down the road at 30-40 mph 3 weeks ago (to get a little gas in my dry tank so that I could stable it)? Did try backtracking my drive and didn't come up with anything. :(

Found I have 2 options:
1. Order a "skin" from Mastercraft for $180, need to still find a quote on what it would take to build? I do know of local MN guy I'll ask and probably another shop to compare.

2. Called Jim "The Upholstery Guy" in TN from a previous post on here. Sounds like a great guy and he said he can do the whole thing for $150!

Of course I'd like to get as close to an exact match. I'll attach a picture.

Wondering if someone with a 2006 X2 measure and take pictures of top and bottom of their seat for me? I guessing there is a plastic bar or 2 to keep it in place, would like those measurements too. Thanks in advance!

I'm open to all other ideas too?

park190 11-13-2012 01:51 PM

Did you call Midwest MC to find out what a replacement cost would be? I'm sure it's expensive but you just never know. It might save a lot of hassle.

willyt 11-13-2012 02:51 PM

double E -
were you right after doubleD in line all the time?

that sucks! i would get a quote for a replacement as well. I know i've been on mattscraft's boat (2009 X2) after he's towed it to the ramp and that seat had become dislodged and was sitting on the floor of the boat... something you might want to lock down before trailering anywhere

Thrall 11-13-2012 04:15 PM

30-40mph doesn't seem fast enought o make it fly out, but that same seat in my X2 would try to lift off at hiway speeds.
Put a strip of velcro along the front edge, works good (when you get a new seat).

DoubleE 11-13-2012 04:30 PM

I agree, hassle free is many times worth paying for in the long run, especially knowing you'll get exactly what you want. In fact, I called Midwest first...but they don't make it any longer. :( They are also the ones quoting $180 for just the skin.

I'm just nervous about not having a "model" to work from, but maybe I shouldn't be?

MattsCraft 11-13-2012 04:31 PM

Yup, mine flips out all the time but never came out of the boat:D I found that if you close the windshield and the billet door it stays put. I can measure my seat base for you if know body else chimes in.

Thrall 11-13-2012 06:17 PM

If you don't have the walk thru door, jsut the windshield closed won't cut it though. Mine would still work it's way out with the windshield closed.
Isn't the X2 MC's best selling model for a while now? Lots of them out there, have you tried the salvage yards? I think the seats are the same size as the X15 too, what about the guy who's yellow X15 got washed up in the Sandy storm?

Or a little midnight auto might get you one!:rolleyes:

MattsCraft 11-13-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrall (Post 890377)
If you don't have the walk thru door, jsut the windshield closed won't cut it though. Mine would still work it's way out with the windshield closed.
Isn't the X2 MC's best selling model for a while now? Lots of them out there, have you tried the salvage yards? I think the seats are the same size as the X15 too, what about the guy who's yellow X15 got washed up in the Sandy storm?

Or a little midnight auto might get you one!:rolleyes:

True - '06 does not have the billet door??? The base is just the black plastic Roto-Plas??? Have not found a source for this, but sure it is on here somewhere. They did put a tether for the rear seats, not sure why not on that seat. (like the Velcro idea) I tried putting the driver seat all the way back, helped most times, but would still pop out, but never flew out of the boat, even after a 4 hour tow, always would find it sitting on the floor, until I figured out the closed door method.

Chief 11-13-2012 09:14 PM

I put heavy duty velcro on the bottom of the cushion and the frame it sits on and it solved the problem with the seat coming up during towing. Year 6 and no problems.

DoubleE 11-14-2012 11:33 AM

Never would have guessed an MC would make it to a salvage yard? Tried google, didn't get very far, but would love an existing seat to change the skin on. Is there some you'd recommend?

Love the velcro idea for when I do get a new and the others.