TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Smart phones and their apps (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51585)

SkiDog 11-03-2012 11:41 AM

Smart phones and their apps

OK guys, we pretty much all have smart phones these days. What are some of your favorite apps you've downloaded?

MyCast Weather, this is a GREAT weather app
Find my Droid. Will locate your phone by either a beeping sound or using the GPS
GameChanger. Play by play and line scores for pretty much any team
Soundhound. Identifies song and band titles.

swb911 11-03-2012 11:43 AM

I like Card Munch. Scans business cards and files them inmy address book. Also TapTalk

Ben 11-03-2012 12:08 PM

+1 for tapatalk.
weather.com for radar to see if I can ski or not...

GoneBoatN 11-03-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 888466)
+1 for tapatalk.
weather.com for radar to see if I can ski or not...

Browser and weather.gov which now has a mobile site; Temperature and wind graph by hour. Another URL bookmarked such that I can check the tides for the Delta. I go out of a place which at low tide I can turn left, go under a bridge without dropping the tower and be boarding in a couple of minutes. If I have to turn right it is ok but I have a little longer ride to get to the area I can start boarding.

Play Music because I'm starting to get anti Apple. I love my Droid phone because I'm close to "one device" in my pocket.

Gas Buddy - find the cheapest gas station. At 4.00+ per gallon...

Starbucks - I got rid of the card in my wallet.

Angry Birds, Sudoko, chess for those long business trip airplane rides and I forgot to get a book.

Amazon, Ebay, WellsFargo (online banking, don't have to visit a bank for the most part), YouTube and Vimeo for watching wakeboarding videos while I'm going through withdraw, Airline apps (online checkin) Fandango, Redbox.

And Tapatalk (Convo).

2RLAKE 11-03-2012 12:42 PM

we use waze a lot driving ... allows drivers to give real time traffic/cop info ... course you need a 2nd person in the car to really do this

We just launched an incredible new app at work this week for our business jet customers ... allows them to locate their nearest field service engineer 24x7x365 ... big hit so far

milkmania 11-04-2012 09:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cydia and
Lockinfo
(much better notification center than Apple's proprietary notification center)
PDANET
for wifi hotspot

sp00ky 11-04-2012 09:26 AM

Netflix, kindle (although books are expensive), gas buddy rocks!, logmein, words with friends

sp00ky 11-04-2012 09:27 AM

Also speedtest and DocsToGo

madcityskier 11-04-2012 09:30 AM

Navionics.
Also Pandora and speed gauge (highly accurate speedo reads to .1 MPH.

KahunaCraft 11-04-2012 10:08 AM

Medallion Perfect Pull, promoted as an app with a Bluetooth controller ... I have no idea if it works.