TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Shower Temperature Problems 2012 X25 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51151)

wbhobbs 09-30-2012 05:29 PM

Shower Temperature Problems 2012 X25

I have a 2012 X25 with a shower - the temp varies substantially VERY hot to rather cold. Next time i'm out in the boat I am going to look at the temp vs RPM and Engine Temp to see if i can detect a pattern.

I have the 5.7 Illmore, it's a factory shower - and like a few others, I'm not thrilled with the kitchen faucet looking knob to adjust the temp- it's too easy to bump - and if I toss a fat sac in the back storage compartment there's no way the temp is not going to get "readjusted"...

Regardless, the temp changes erratically. I have had a Heatercraft shower in the past on other boats with no problems at all.

I suspect it may be the Illmore thermostat - they seem to be set to run across a wide range - maybe 130 to 155 degrees. The factory doesn't have a solution.

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Any solutions?

MASTIQUE 09-30-2012 06:05 PM

No but my 2012 cockpit heater is not real hot, maybe we should switch where the pick-ups are on the engine???

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

bcd 09-30-2012 09:12 PM

My heater was always cold. I complained and the installed a 190 thermostat and moved the supply and return ports on the engine to improve performance. As I understand it, they've changed production to the 190 tstat. If you have the kit installed, just make sure that they don't cap the old supply port with a rubber cap (it splits and causes a lot of bad things to happen). The kit is supposed to come with a metal cap now, but they missed mine. Also, make sure they update software to raise the overheat alarm set point. I have to bring mine back in because it occasionally gives me overheat false overheat alarms now.

I didn't get the shower, so I can't help out your issues there.

MASTIQUE 09-30-2012 09:53 PM

Thanks for the tip, covered under warranty I take it, heater should be hot right?

onewheat 10-01-2012 01:16 AM

Our heater blows some serious hot air - I have personally never had the need, but some of the females on the boat REALLY love that option. It's just the factory hear with the MCX.

bcd 10-02-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTIQUE (Post 881319)
Thanks for the tip, covered under warranty I take it, heater should be hot right?

They told me Ilmor wasn't treating it as warranty, but would supply the parts and pay for 1.5 hours of labor. I think it took my dealer 2 hours. They didn't ask me to pay for the extra half hour, and if they had, I would have refused.

wbhobbs 08-01-2013 10:55 AM

I've still got hot water coming out of the shower. The dealer replaced the mix valve, they said it was defective and would not let cold water through. That seemed to make sense as the water was really HOT...

Still the same - we get maybe 160 degree water. Good for cooking fish, it's not going to be fun this fall when I want to warm up a cold wet suit.

501s 08-01-2013 11:02 AM

My shower on my 1012 and my 2013 have this problem. Sometimes it's BURING hot sometimes it's ice cold. Overall, we rarely use it because it either burns of freezes people.

My air heater on both my 2012 and my 2013 MC's are very poor. No where near the warmth of my Moomba. I actually plugged the passenger cup holder vent because the air was always cold and no one really can use those heaters anyways.

Overall I love my boat and all the options but these 2 options are not up to par in my eyes. Both should work better.