TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   For Sale: Boats (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   WTB '02 or '03 Prostar 197 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51135)

tls 09-29-2012 09:11 PM

WTB '02 or '03 Prostar 197
 
Looking to buy a 2002 or 2003 Prostar 197. Looking for something in good condition with reasonably low hours for its age. Tower, bimini, & perfect pass a plus, but not necessary. Ready to buy and would be willing to travel (eastern US) for the right boat.

Swibby69 09-30-2012 02:36 PM

if you need a companion for a road trip just let me know!

tls 10-21-2012 01:50 PM

Proud owner of a beautiful 2003 Prostar 197 TT. I'm very appreciative of the previous owner, kyfooter, for taking exceptional care of the boat, and for graciously sharing his knowledge and expertise with me. Thank you!

zsqure 10-24-2012 01:00 PM

Congrats:toast: Join us next summer for the Buckeye Bash!

kyfooter 10-24-2012 01:07 PM

It was a very, very sad day. My wife cried as tls took it to a new home. Makes it a little easier to know the boat is going to a good home though. As I read some of the issues with the newer boats, I'm even more appreciative of the great, trouble-free times our 2003 197 gave us. With just under 400 hours, our boat still had all original parts and started and ran like the day we brought it home back in 2003. These boats are built to last, as long as you take care of them and do the basics.

Best of luck with it tls. You know how to get in touch with me if something comes up.

cincyskier 10-24-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyfooter (Post 886544)
It was a very, very sad day. My wife cried as tls took it to a new home. Makes it a little easier to know the boat is going to a good home though.

What he said^^^^ I spent many hours in, behind or beside that boat from the day it was brought home. And as mentioned, it was one of the best cared for boats out there. Enjoy it!

onejdgreen 10-24-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tls (Post 885941)
Proud owner of a beautiful 2003 Prostar 197 TT. I'm very appreciative of the previous owner, kyfooter, for taking exceptional care of the boat, and for graciously sharing his knowledge and expertise with me. Thank you!

Congrats on the purchase! Dont be a stranger on here, lots of good people and good conversations!

tls 10-25-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyfooter (Post 886544)
It was a very, very sad day. My wife cried as tls took it to a new home. Makes it a little easier to know the boat is going to a good home though. As I read some of the issues with the newer boats, I'm even more appreciative of the great, trouble-free times our 2003 197 gave us. With just under 400 hours, our boat still had all original parts and started and ran like the day we brought it home back in 2003. These boats are built to last, as long as you take care of them and do the basics.

Best of luck with it tls. You know how to get in touch with me if something comes up.

kyfooter, you can be assured it will be well cared for. You and your family will always have an open invitation to come out on the boat anytime you are up in northeast Ohio...

Double D 10-25-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tls (Post 886810)
kyfooter, you can be assured it will be well cared for. You and your family will always have an open invitation to come out on the boat anytime you are up in northeast Ohio...

Congrats on the boat! One of my favorites!! First boat or moving from something else? You didn't sell that 190 a few months ago did you?? Where abouts in North Canton?

We have a good contingent of MasterCraft (and others) guys in NorthEast Ohio and specifically around Massillon, North Canton and Akron with a good dealer (www.bhmtrilakes.com) up off 76 in Rootstown (you probably now that), plus all the great Buckeye Bash folks. All willing to answer questions through here or maybe share/combine rides. Heck, I wanted to go out today since it was 80 degrees!!! Friggen job gets in the way!

tls 10-26-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double D (Post 886820)
Congrats on the boat! One of my favorites!! First boat or moving from something else?

I recently sold a 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited. Great family boat, but we really couldn't ski behind it. Now that the kids are learning to ski, we felt it was time to make a change. I'd been thinking of maybe getting a 214 in a couple of years, but I couldn't wait that long...


Quote:

Originally Posted by Double D (Post 886820)
You didn't sell that 190 a few months ago did you?? Where abouts in North Canton?

That was my friend (Swibby69) who lives across the street from me. He sold a '95 190 and also bought an '03 197 earlier this spring. We live about a 2 miles east of the airport.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Double D (Post 886820)
We have a good contingent of MasterCraft (and others) guys in NorthEast Ohio and specifically around Massillon, North Canton and Akron with a good dealer (www.bhmtrilakes.com) up off 76 in Rootstown (you probably now that), plus all the great Buckeye Bash folks. All willing to answer questions through here or maybe share/combine rides. Heck, I wanted to go out today since it was 80 degrees!!! Friggen job gets in the way!

It's nice to know there are some local guys. I had talked to jkski a couple times by PM, and saw that you, zsqure, and captain planet were in the area. We'll have to get out together on the water in the spring!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 PM.