TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Team Talk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Enable Private Message Receipt before you Send someone a Private Message (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=49641)

east tx skier 07-25-2012 02:26 PM

Users Should Enable Private Message Receipt Before TheySend someone a Private Message
 
This is admittedly an odd topic. But I get quite a few private messages from people I haven't interacted with on the forums before. On a couple of occasions, I have received a message, tried to respond, but was informed by the messaging software that the sender had elected not to receive private messages from other members.

Somewhere, another member probably thinks I am rude for not responding to his message.

I tried.

PSA: If you are going to send people messages, enable your ability to receive a response.

Have a great day.

:)

CantRepeat 07-25-2012 03:56 PM

Doug,

I check the config for PMs, they are by default turned on at registration and must be turned off at the user level. However, the system does not have a check that forces a user to turn on the PM system to send a PM. In the current version of the software I don't see the ability to change that behavior. Sorry.

east tx skier 07-25-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantRepeat (Post 861970)
Doug,

I check the config for PMs, they are by default turned on at registration and must be turned off at the user level. However, the system does not have a check that forces a user to turn on the PM system to send a PM. In the current version of the software I don't see the ability to change that behavior. Sorry.

Sorry if my post was confusing. But I wasn't suggesting that Team Talk force people to turn on their PM. I was suggesting that if someone is going to send PMs asking questions, it might be a good idea for them to turn on the feature so they could get a response.

I posted on the user's profile. So maybe between this post and that one, he'll see it and I can send him a response.

scott023 07-25-2012 07:23 PM

I understood what you meant Doug.

thatsmrmastercraft 07-25-2012 08:10 PM

Once they want to force us to PM, the next thing will be the Swimsuit Thread gets deleted.:rolleyes::D:D

CantRepeat 07-25-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft (Post 862066)
Once they want to force us to PM, the next thing will be the Swimsuit Thread gets deleted.:rolleyes::D:D

First, I'm not sure who "they" are or what you mean by forcing "us" but you must be confused as to what I was saying.

Second, "I'm" not looking to force anyone to do anything I was looking for a way to fix an issue where users would PM someone and not realize they had PMs turned off. This means not getting replies to their PMs. If the software had the ability to check if someone had PMs turned off when they were going to send a PM and let them know that they had PMs turned off then that might help with the issue.

Third, I have some threads to delete so I'm gonna be too busy to try and help. :rolleyes::D:D

CantRepeat 07-25-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott023 (Post 862051)
I understood what you meant Doug.

I guess I'm just stupid, or maybe, just maybe I thought there might be a way to help.

thatsmrmastercraft 07-25-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantRepeat (Post 862136)
First, I'm not sure who "they" are or what you mean by forcing "us" but you must be confused as to what I was saying.

Second, "I'm" not looking to force anyone to do anything I was looking for a way to fix an issue where users would PM someone and not realize they had PMs turned off. This means not getting replies to their PMs. If the software had the ability to check if someone had PMs turned off when they were going to send a PM and let them know that they had PMs turned off then that might help with the issue.

Third, I have some threads to delete so I'm gonna be too busy to try and help. :rolleyes::D:D

Happy deleting:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

CantRepeat 07-26-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft (Post 862143)
Happy deleting:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme


If your post count goes down don't worry to much about it... 8p

thatsmrmastercraft 07-26-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantRepeat (Post 862146)
If your post count goes down don't worry to much about it... 8p

I recovered from Harold, how much worse could it be??? ;)

Maybe I will just come back as Hooligan:D:D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.