TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Appearance (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   MC Valve covers (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=49614)

tph 07-24-2012 05:02 PM

MC Valve covers

1 Attachment(s)
I've always liked the look of the Ford Racing wrinkle finish valve covers for the 351 but would rather have "Mastercraft" on the engine than "Ford". So...

thatsmrmastercraft 07-24-2012 05:04 PM

That looks fantastic. I have a pair sitting in the garage and now I know what they need to look like.

Kyle 07-24-2012 05:10 PM

Those are really nice.

How much, who did it, can they do more, details please

LYNRDSKYNRD 07-24-2012 05:22 PM

Damn it man I just got the ones that say Ford Racing!

Those look great ...details please

Table Rocker 07-24-2012 05:28 PM

Nicely done!

Covi 07-24-2012 07:07 PM

Come on disclose! Let's hear who made those bad boys.

tph 07-24-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covi (Post 861609)
Come on disclose! Let's hear who made those bad boys.

I picked up a pair of stock blue ones from a member here, stripped them, painted with wrinkle finish and exposed the fins and logo with 80 grit sandpaper on a block. They turned out better that I expected.

Cloaked 07-24-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD (Post 861564)
Damn it man I just got the ones that say Ford Racing!

Those look great ...details please

Ford is what powers the boat.

I don't get it.......... MC power? It's a Ford engine....

Skinny, you're on target with the Ford insignia.

The MC cover isn't bad looking at all, but a Ford is a Ford, regardless of what it powers...

Fast forward a few: I got curious as to what stamp was on my covers. Sure as shootin', it's MC power stamped. I still don't see the logic but I'm stuck with the curse. :D :D

tph 07-24-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloaked (Post 861622)
Ford is what powers the boat.

I don't get it.......... MC power? It's a Ford engine....

Skinny, you're on target with the Ford insignia.

The MC cover isn't bad looking at all, but a Ford is a Ford, regardless of what it powers...

Fast forward a few: I got curious as to what stamp was on my covers. Sure as shootin', it's MC power stamped. I still don't see the logic but I'm stuck with the curse. :D :D

Where do Pleasurecraft, Indmar, Ilmore,Crusader, Mercruiser, and the other Marinizers fit into the equation. Is that label OK, or should all the engines just have bowties and ovals on them?

thatsmrmastercraft 07-25-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tph (Post 861615)
I picked up a pair of stock blue ones from a member here, stripped them, painted with wrinkle finish and exposed the fins and logo with 80 grit sandpaper on a block. They turned out better that I expected.

Did you use a chemical stripper to remove the blue paint? What brand of paint did you use? This just move up towards the top of the To Do List.