TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Someone's gotta have photos of the new star (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=47275)

willyt 05-02-2012 11:53 AM

Someone's gotta have photos of the new star

No, not an old thread. I'm talking about the rumored first production model off the line. MC has been deafeningly quiet since whenever surf expo was (so long ago can't remember). I think someone said the boat was down with Travis breaking it in.

Please please please tell me they've started production on them....

ttu 05-02-2012 11:57 AM

sorry i don't but hoping to see it at "king of wake" at table rock lake next month.

wrobins1 05-02-2012 11:59 AM

Had called to get a serial number for my engine the other day and the mastercraft rep confirmed that they were in the middle of production of a couple of the new xstars, but the 2012 run would be very limited considering the later start. He also confirmed that it should be pulling the PWT this year...

Heelgrad 05-02-2012 12:00 PM

I've got a picture of it in the lake from when I took my factory tour. So yes they are producing them at least that one. I'll post the picture of it at the dock even though its from a distance you can see it. It's black with the orange interior.

bjames 05-02-2012 01:02 PM

My guess is that some of the new Xstars will start showing up at dealers when the 2013 models start to arrive (Late July-Aug), untill then, probably not too many candid photos.

jason95gt 05-02-2012 05:59 PM

They will be re launching the Star in conjunction with the first PWT stop. There are a couple and that is it for now. It is a 2013 model boat and will be at dealers in July assuming.

mrm2083 05-02-2012 09:34 PM

I was really hoping MasterCraft would redesign it. Am I the only one that finds it extremely tacky looking (even if it had a regular color and interior, the lines are just way overdone). The old star was such a great looking boat when it came out and still is.

Gabe63 05-02-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrm2083 (Post 835710)
I was really hoping MasterCraft would redesign it. Am I the only one that finds it extremely tacky looking (even if it had a regular color and interior, the lines are just way overdone). The old star was such a great looking boat when it came out and still is.

No, you are not the only one. However, some love it.

mitchelmilitiapres 05-03-2012 12:09 AM

Personally, I think the boat is awesome! The size and price may be a little over the top though!

In regards to the design, I just think it's the next step in the natural progression of boat design. The lines are just as extreme of a change compared to when they first released the picklefork.

mrm2083 05-03-2012 12:18 AM

When the original star came out I was instantly in love with it. The picklefork gave it a little bit of edge while being a very functional design. On this one the swooping windshield looks rediculouse, those headrests on the back seats take off space from the sun pad, etc.

I really want to like it but I really find it to be the ugliest wake boat out there. To me the X25 was MasterCrafts design prime.