TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Discount Wakesurf Board? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46948)

cwoods915 04-19-2012 11:31 AM

Discount Wakesurf Board?

Does anyone know of any good websites/places (live in Nashville, TN) to find a discount wakesurf board?

I currently have a Hyperlite Broadcast 4' 8" that I got off eBay a couple of years ago so I've been looking on there again but the prices aren't any cheaper than anywhere else. Current board is serving me fine (even though it's not mint condition by any means) but some of my fellow boaters have expressed they would like a longer board.

I'm not against a good condition used board or older model either. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

BMcD 04-19-2012 11:50 AM

Hey cwoods,

If you let us at Day1Wake know what price range you are in, we would be happy to try to make you one. We build custom wakesurf boards and our "XANI" is probably exactly what you are looking for in a "longer board", (it is a 5'2 swallow and rides great for anyone up to about 250lbs).

If you really just want an off the shelf model at a decent price, try Evo.com. They have an "Outlet" section to their site. I have purchased from them many times - they are highly reliable. Of course, I would still recommend giving us a shot, though :)

cpr05xtr 04-19-2012 05:17 PM

try buywake.com you can find some previous year stuff for good prices

madcityskier 04-19-2012 11:36 PM

evogear.com usually has decent closeouts.

curtish 04-20-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMcD (Post 831660)
Hey cwoods,

If you let us at Day1Wake know what price range you are in, we would be happy to try to make you one. We build custom wakesurf boards and our "XANI" is probably exactly what you are looking for in a "longer board", (it is a 5'2 swallow and rides great for anyone up to about 250lbs).

If you really just want an off the shelf model at a decent price, try Evo.com. They have an "Outlet" section to their site. I have purchased from them many times - they are highly reliable. Of course, I would still recommend giving us a shot, though :)

Heard about the swallow tails. Whats the advantage? Or is there one?

FourFourty 04-20-2012 09:52 AM

This thread didnt get moved??

BMcD 04-20-2012 11:52 PM

Curtish,

The swallow tail allows the board to break free a bit easier than a typical "pin" or "round" tail board. When riding the swallow I notice that I can get more action out of the tail of the board and pick up speed easier.

Just my 2 cents.

curtish 04-25-2012 12:03 AM

So can you ride a smaller wave with it?

Lakeside09 04-25-2012 08:50 AM

If you want a high end surfer at a reasonable price... check out the Triple X Composite Pro X... talk to Tim he's great to deal with. They also have excellent service.

X-1Texas 04-25-2012 09:47 AM

evo.com currently has $50 off orders of $250 or more from the the wake outlet. There's 13 wake surfboards in the outlet right now.

I've ordered from evo.com several times, they are always fast and reliable. In fact I think we bought our first wakesurfer from them. It's a Liquid Force Venture.