TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General / Other (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Which tower for prostar 190 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46769)

jeff shelton 04-12-2012 01:52 PM

Which tower for prostar 190
 
2 Attachment(s)
Wanting to put tower and bimini on 1990 prostar 190. I'm considering installing a MTk or New Dimesions. Leaning toward MTk due to price and considering that I want have to wait months for the ND tower or worry about any issue with them. I think I actually prefer the look of the MTk. Total cost of the MTk with bimini shipped and installed is $2500. Cost for ND looks like it would cost about $800 more.

Pardon the cut, paste and the copy job of my prostar with the MTk but I attached a picture of the model yr boat with a MTk and ND tower.

What are your thoughts? For all the purist that say I shouldn't put a tower on the boat. I plan to only use tower to tow a tube.

ski/hunt 04-12-2012 02:29 PM

When I found the 205 I wanted it had what I thought was the worst looking tower to ever be put on a mastercraft boat!! I have since taken it off and gave it away... I realize it's a cut and paste job you posted, but I will say if you go with that tower I don't have to worry about having HAD the ugliest tower on a MC!!! Cause you will then have the ugliest tower ever put on a MC---
You better save up and go with ND!! They at least look half way decent---:)

BrooksfamX2 04-12-2012 03:02 PM

Take a look at Samson Towers. They make really nice towers .......

www.samsonsports.com

D3skier 04-12-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski/hunt (Post 829737)
When I found the 205 I wanted it had what I thought was the worst looking tower to ever be put on a mastercraft boat!! I have since taken it off and gave it away... I realize it's a cut and paste job you posted, but I will say if you go with that tower I don't have to worry about having HAD the ugliest tower on a MC!!! Cause you will then have the ugliest tower ever put on a MC---
You better save up and go with ND!! They at least look half way decent---:)

WOW!!!! if that isn't just blunt and to the point.... never thought I'd hear that from you ski/hunt...

Jeff d 04-12-2012 03:29 PM

Why tow a tube from the tower? That's a lot of force. I have a tower but whenever I pull a tube I connect it to the tow point on the transom.

Also, I don't think that monster reverse arch tower looks bad.

BrooksfamX2 04-12-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski/hunt (Post 829737)
............ I realize it's a cut and paste job you posted, but I will say if you go with that tower I don't have to worry about having HAD the ugliest tower on a MC!!! Cause you will then have the ugliest tower ever put on a MC---
You better save up and go with ND!! They at least look half way decent---:)

Sounds like a ND sales pitch..........:rolleyes:

ntidsl 04-12-2012 04:03 PM

woah!!! buying a tower to tow a tube? Not a good investment.

LaRue 04-12-2012 04:46 PM

agree that a tower for tube pulling is unwise. if that is your only reason, save the $$ and the clean lines of boat.

jeff shelton 04-12-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooksfamX2 (Post 829742)
Take a look at Samson Towers. They make really nice towers .......

www.samsonsports.com

I would go with the ND over the Samson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff d (Post 829752)
Why tow a tube from the tower? That's a lot of force. I have a tower but whenever I pull a tube I connect it to the tow point on the transom.

Also, I don't think that monster reverse arch tower looks bad.

The tube part is just a joke .

While I wouldn't put anything but a ND on a 93 and newer MasterCraft. I don't think it flows with the front of the windshield as well as the curved windshield of the 93. It also looks like the tower is to far forward or the bow is to short on the 90 model.

ttu 04-12-2012 04:49 PM

i dont think the monster tower you showed looks that bad at all.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 AM.