TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General / Other (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Surf Tabs (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46497)

JLowder 03-29-2012 10:06 PM

Surf Tabs

I thought I remember a thread a couple years ago about this and spent some time searching but couldn't find it.
I am taking delivery on a 2011 X-45 tomorrow and the boat was originally ordered by the dealer without surf tabs. He is willing to put the larger 2012 surf tabs on the boat, but is offering me money back to not do it. I know MC is putting larger surf tabs on the 2012 models and have read that the 10' and 11' models tabs weren't that different than not having them at all. My question is should I take the money and forget the tabs, or have them install the tabs like we already agreed upon? For those that have had and/or used the 10/11 vs. the 12' models, can you notice a difference with the larger tabs? My first thought is to install the tabs unless you guys can talk me out of it.

Heelgrad 03-29-2012 10:25 PM

I would install them. I ordered them on my 2012 and my guess is that down the road you'll want them more than not. Unless you really need the cash I'd just go ahead and have them put on. Good luck with your decision.

JLowder 03-29-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heelgrad (Post 826323)
I would install them. I ordered them on my 2012 and my guess is that down the road you'll want them more than not. Unless you really need the cash I'd just go ahead and have them put on. Good luck with your decision.

That is exactly my thought. They are already part of the deal, so the having the cash really isn't as big of deal at this point. (Ask me when it's time to spend the $500 at the pump.):mad:

bturner2 03-30-2012 12:32 PM

Believe me if he's offering you cash to not put them on it's way less than to install them. You can never have too many options on a MasterCraft. Even if you don't like them it will be a selling point when you go to turn it over.

NatesGr8 03-30-2012 01:09 PM

get them, i wish i had em on mine.

Ole Miss Rebels 03-30-2012 03:37 PM

the older and more broke up my crew and i get the more we find ourselves surfing and no longer wakeboarding. the X45 is supposed to be the best boat in the MC lineup for surfing and if so then the Surf Tabs will be crucial for maximizing that area of performance. get them and learn to surf and have yourself a blast not getting beat up and busted up like wakeboarding does to you.

Eric2010MCX2 03-31-2012 11:40 AM

USELESS.... We never use them and I would not order them on our next MC

mccobmd 03-31-2012 12:38 PM

I have been researching this to try to find ways to lengthen the wave on my X1. So far the concensus is they may make the wave slightly longer but it will take extra weight to get significant changes in size and shape. Given the physics of water displacement that is not a great suprise. That being said I would agree that you would likely get your money back if you resell later.

V-man 03-31-2012 03:34 PM

Take the money. You will need it in order to but and install the additional ballast needed to create a sizable surf wake.