TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   lets see the kids (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=4620)

SteveO 08-22-2005 02:59 PM

Neil, great shots. I have heard of the tube photo trick. I told Madison she has to master her ski's before I get her a wakeboard. As she was making her first pass, I told my ski buddy that I gaurenteed that after she was back in the boat within 5 minutes, she would bring up the wakeboard. While it wasn't the first thing she said, it only took her about 2 minutes. Maybe I have the next Dallas Friday.

NeilM 08-22-2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveO
Neil, great shots. I have heard of the tube photo trick. I told Madison she has to master her ski's before I get her a wakeboard. As she was making her first pass, I told my ski buddy that I gaurenteed that after she was back in the boat within 5 minutes, she would bring up the wakeboard. While it wasn't the first thing she said, it only took her about 2 minutes. Maybe I have the next Dallas Friday.

SteveO -- yep -- get her the board, but make her promise to keep skiing too... it's amazing how quickly you get 'rusty' if you don't keep skiing as well as wakeboarding.. It takes a lot of boat gas to create a Dallas Friday...

MarkP -- thanks... we had a great summer -- now have 460 hours on my 2002! Other than the Perfect Pass is acting weird (fluctuates), the MC ran great!

whitedog 08-22-2005 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickDV
8" wide skis and 75# kid -- talk about a great weight to displacement ratio. Oh to be young again!

I drove for a learn to ski our club put on last Sat. Two boats and 28 skiers over 4 hours ages 5 to about 35. Almost a 100% sucess rate. Even driving 8 mph with a 60# kid on the boom becomes easier when you see them smile as the get up for the first time.:)

NeilM 08-22-2005 03:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't forget my daughter. She set the family record on the wakesurfer - a solid 15 minute ride (my legs give out long before then.. oh, to be young..)

BriEOD 08-22-2005 03:30 PM

Neil!! :wavey: How have you been? Any Marathons this summer?

BTW, how old is your daughter. With all do respect my friend that looks like a better shot for the swimsuit thread than the kids thread!! :purplaugh

NeilM 08-22-2005 03:38 PM

Brian, it's been a great summer! I did 2 half-marathons and a couple of 10-K's as well... been too busy (or no internet at the lake) for TT or much of anything else. The wife and I are training for our first full marathon (Honolulu in December), so I'm feeling pretty rough (I-T band) at the moment.

.. daughter is now 22... 'not sure I have any pics she'd allow me to put in the swimsuit thread, but I'll look...

I've caught up on your baby pics and threads -- great to see things are going well for you.

cheers,

NeilM

BriEOD 08-22-2005 03:42 PM

Neil--I that sounds great! I just climbed off the treadmill and am sitting here dripping on the laptop. My wife tried to run the Honolulu Marathon on year while we were living there. She made it about 3/4 of the way and had to walk the rest. She didn't get out of bed the rest of the time she was their. Let me know if you go and I'll give you some good spots to see/stay away from.

Wow, 22 you're getting to be an old man!! :purplaugh

dmac 08-22-2005 03:55 PM

Neil - those are great shots. The backdrop is awesome in all of them.

skisix@38 08-23-2005 10:20 AM

Little skisix

1 Attachment(s)
The smile tells the whole story. This makes me happier than running 38. He's running about 45 off here.

MarkP 08-23-2005 10:23 AM

Great shot. BIG smile! How old??