TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   93' prostar 190 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46092)

slickwater1 03-11-2012 10:10 AM

93' prostar 190

Alright guys been away for a long time, but still enjoying the hobby. I have a 93'prostar 190 red and white that is all original. Wetsanded and redid graphics couple years ago, went through the topend and had a new carb put on. It has the 351 motor with appox. 500 hours, brand new 13x13 OJ prop. and teak is in great condition. It needs rear seat reupholstered, and the tilt on the steering column is broken. Other than that it is immaculate.

I have never considered selling it until now, but I have a six year old that is wakeboarding consistant now and just added another daughter to the family.

So what is it worth, I have a guy very interested, but have no idea where to even start. I am wanting to buy a newer, bigger boat, with tower and built in ballast.

SkiDog 03-11-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickwater1 (Post 821754)
Alright guys been away for a long time, but still enjoying the hobby. I have a 93'prostar 190 red and white that is all original. Wetsanded and redid graphics couple years ago, went through the topend and had a new carb put on. It has the 351 motor with appox. 500 hours, brand new 13x13 OJ prop. and teak is in great condition. It needs rear seat reupholstered, and the tilt on the steering column is broken. Other than that it is immaculate.

I have never considered selling it until now, but I have a six year old that is wakeboarding consistant now and just added another daughter to the family.

So what is it worth, I have a guy very interested, but have no idea where to even start. I am wanting to buy a newer, bigger boat, with tower and built in ballast.

I'd say somewhere in the 9-10K range without seeing it. We needs pics to do a 'Proper Appraisal':D:D:D

Cloaked 03-11-2012 10:18 AM

Dog is on it. $10K or so, considering it needs new skins. One thing that I live by when it comes to boats is that any work and money you put into a boat above the average market price is a sunken cost to you (no pun intended). So your interested party (if it were me) has to figure $10K plus another two to make it good again (skins, and what-nots). There is no such thing as immaculate carpet once it has been pathed upon. Thus for me, I'd want entire new skins (in lieu of just a back seat) and new carpet.

Just banging on numbers here but $9 - 11K is reasonable, but all considered, I'd be offering $9.5K and expect to bring it home.

Jerseydave 03-11-2012 10:46 AM

You will always get more $$ if the boat has less negatives, so why not fix the tilt steering and get the rear seat redone?

You said the top end was done, was it a complete valve job? Why was that needed with only 500 hours on it? Just curious.

I agree with the others above on the value.

broncotw 03-11-2012 03:24 PM

The price range that "Cloaked" has mentioned seems to be right in line with the market for that year and condition.... You should post some pictures on here and I am sure you would get more constructive feedback and comments that will assist you in coming to a fair price for your pull.....

slickwater1 03-11-2012 05:03 PM

The reason I went through the top end was it had been sitting a year and thought I heard a little knocking when I bought it. Me being a racecar mechanic I decided to open the top and check everything out. Ended up not being anything other than an exhaust leak. I went ahead and rebuilt the carb and adjusted the valves. I have checked everything on this thing, It is not perfect but it is pretty dang close.

I have thought seriously about putting new skins in it, but just dont know. Pics are kinda a pain to get right now, it is in my boat shed, covered up and winterized. Don't want to get it out until time to go. Thanks for the replies, I was going to start it at 10,500 but just didn't know.

h2oskifreak 03-11-2012 05:22 PM

What part of the country is the 190 at?

slickwater1 03-11-2012 05:46 PM

I am located in West Tn. The boat came from a guy that lived here in town that bought it brand new. It has been on one body of water it's entire life. Never had Ethanol fuel in it and is babied. I have one piece of glass that needs to be replaced in the windshield. My boat shed was hit by a Tornado back couple years ago and a side glass was scratched and I took it out. I have it just been trying to get it replaced. I like my stuff to be right. lol

SkiDog 03-11-2012 08:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by slickwater1 (Post 821754)

Mines a 92 and I'm asking 12K. Use this one to judge yours by. 747 hours.

slickwater1 03-11-2012 09:39 PM

mine is identical, minus the tower. Now ski did you replace the skins and if so, where did you get em?