TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Instruments For 2000 Pro Star 190 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46026)

kevinkp1 03-06-2012 06:41 PM

Instruments For 2000 Pro Star 190

I have none of my instruments (gauges) working and have no idea where to start to get them functional. I am sure they need to be replaced, but cannot locate any. Any hints or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 03-06-2012 07:22 PM

Have you tried a mastercraft dealer, I'm sure they can get it fixed...

fskof 03-06-2012 10:28 PM

I would start off by checking the fuses. They should be under the dash. Check your owners manual for the exact location

kevinkp1 03-13-2012 12:07 AM

Thanks

Thanks for responding fskof and j.mccreight. I have tried both suggestions to no avail. The dealer says the gauges are no longer available and power is present so fuses are good. I was wondering if anyone knows what gauges can be used to replace the originals that will work, or is there yet another option?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 03-13-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinkp1 (Post 822112)
Thanks for responding fskof and j.mccreight. I have tried both suggestions to no avail. The dealer says the gauges are no longer available and power is present so fuses are good. I was wondering if anyone knows what gauges can be used to replace the originals that will work, or is there yet another option?

Greatlakesskipper.com has replacement mc gauges, I'd call them and see if they can match some up.

bturner2 03-13-2012 08:05 AM

Does your boat have an MDC? Not sure when they switched over to the managed gauge system but having every gauge go bad at one time would seem strange. When did they go bad? Did it happen all at once? If this started all at once or when you just put the boat in service for the year I'd be checking connections. Almost sounds like you're missing a ground for the gauge cluster (most likely at the battery). Or if you do have an MDC this is a classic MDC issue.

Another way to go at it would be to pick one end and work from there. Pick an easy gauge to work on like the temp gauge and check for resistance at the sending unit. Trace the wire from the sending unit to the gauge and check for continuity on the wires. Then check the resistance on the gauge.

Another thing to try if these are not MDC controlled gauges is to pop one of the gauges out of the dash and connect it directly to the sending unit and see if it works then. That would eliminate the wiring. Hard to believe every gauge went bad though.

myerin 08-05-2013 02:32 PM

Try Lauderdale Speedometer in Florida. Those gauges are no longer made and are not repairable. Lauderdale Speedo has a fix for you. You'll have to google their phone number.

D3skier 08-05-2013 02:50 PM

also check eBay as there were several gauges on there as well

chriscraftmatt1976 08-05-2013 02:59 PM

I agree it would be odd that all gauges are bad. Seems unlikely.