TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Appearance (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Engine Cover Vent (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=44406)

440brew 10-15-2011 11:34 AM

Engine Cover Vent

3 Attachment(s)
I had all my interior redone and the only thing that didnt look good was the vent/drink holder on the back of the engine cover. I did not find many options to make it better, paint, and a re-skin was not the best idea in my oponion. So I took a visit to my buddy who has a fabrication shop. He used his laser jet and software to cut a piece out of metal to the exact specs need. I now has MC as the vent hole, three drink holders and uses the stock bolt locations topped off with black powder coat.

I am extremely happy with this to say the least. It is a real focal point for the interior...

What ya'll think.... below is before and afters....

Bert 10-15-2011 12:31 PM

Nice solution

mikeg205 10-15-2011 12:43 PM

looks great...will have to remember this when mine comes due

thatsmrmastercraft 10-15-2011 02:06 PM

That looks fantastic.

Jeffer 10-15-2011 08:01 PM

Good option - I just posted the other day a question about what anyone might've done to solve this, I had the same issue with my 96 Prostar 190 (big refurb project with this piece looking like crap).
This might be the way to go. My brother works in a machine shop and I'm going to ask his suggestions too. Maybe if I'm lucky (and he's done this before), he'll volunteer to take a shot at fabricating something too. Gives him a lot of pride!

mikeg205 10-15-2011 11:07 PM

hey 440...might something you can sell on ebay...I am sure others have same demand....I would put that on my boat...

440brew 10-16-2011 12:14 AM

I will ask him if he is interested making/selling them. There are many mastercrafts that can use this part.

I am sure the more interest from the forum the more he might be interesed....

curtish 10-16-2011 02:49 AM

Is there room to put a fourth cup holder? Would be another nice upgrade.

Cloaked 10-16-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440brew (Post 796210)
I will ask him if he is interested making/selling them. There are many mastercrafts that can use this part.

Another interest.

That looks nice right like it is. I have a 93 that has the same setup and need.

Consider a group buy (not for the reduction in costs) and he may have a small market for a one-time production run over the winter. This is a good thing... Your mod looks great.

Personalization on the backsplash part may be of interest if he has an easy way for laser cuts.

jethrobandit 10-23-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440brew (Post 796210)

I am definitely interested in purchasing one if he will make them. Just bought a '95 205 and that piece is in desperate need of replacing. Been looking all over the net until I saw this thread.