TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Two boat Surfing (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43638)

ap77 09-02-2011 09:32 PM

Two boat Surfing

2 Attachment(s)
I thought I would create a posting on two boat surfing. We have only done it a few times and still trying to perfect the wave. I think the white water is too large to successfully surf the wave without a rope. If you have any comments or suggestions, we would love to hear them.
Attachment 70272
Attachment 70273

DemolitionMan 09-02-2011 09:46 PM

I bet that is one serious surf channel.

ntidsl 09-03-2011 08:50 AM

Thanks for coming girls..put some sunscreen on and sit back here on this sun deck...oh dont worry about the fumes...oh dont worry about the risk of falling in the water into that white wash...oh dont worry I'm sure if you fall off the surfer wont hit you...

CiscoStu 09-07-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntidsl (Post 786319)
Thanks for coming girls..put some sunscreen on and sit back here on this sun deck...oh dont worry about the fumes...oh dont worry about the risk of falling in the water into that white wash...oh dont worry I'm sure if you fall off the surfer wont hit you...

Ummm... Ever surfed before? There is very little chance of ever falling in from back there. In fact, MC has even started putting rear-facing seats back there for that exact purpose... I see guys standing on the platform all the time. May not be the smartest thing to do, but there's very little risk at 10mph.

scott023 09-07-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntidsl (Post 786319)

Obviously a slalom skiier, with little or no experience with wakesurfing. There is little to no chance of a sober person falling off the back of the boat at 10MPH. Start up is slow and so is the slow down. MC is making boats with rear facing seats on the sun deck now, so I think your worries (or sillyness) aren't worth the stress. :D

CiscoStu 09-07-2011 11:36 AM

Great minds, Scott023! Must be the Alberta air!

Back to the original post, that is pretty cool... That wave is massive! Do you have any photos looking down the channel? What are the boats? The other boat looks like a Malibu? How much weight, etc?

CantRepeat 09-07-2011 11:40 AM

I don't know, hitting a roller coming off of someone else's boat could toss someone off the back.

As far as the two boat surfing, fook that. I'm sure it's illegal to be that close to another moving boat and I sure as hell don't trust anyone to drive that close to me.

So my suggestion would be to don't do it and go back to working on your single boat surf wave. :rolleyes:

Sodar 09-07-2011 11:43 AM

We have done it up at Naci a few times. Even more fun is riding a stand-up jet ski between the 2 boats and jumping the wake. It's almost as fun as surfing a real wave.

GT500 MC 09-07-2011 11:49 AM

The wave in that first pic looks pretty impressive. The port side of that Bu is down there in the drink. Looks like fun....if I was in my 20's again.

Besides, if that was on a public lake, it would happen one time before the rangers showed up. And since there would be beer on the boat, nothing good would come of it. I'll try to continue to perfect the one-boat surf. I have enough trouble with that.

CantRepeat 09-07-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodar (Post 787190)
We have done it up at Naci a few times. Even more fun is riding a stand-up jet ski between the 2 boats and jumping the wake. It's almost as fun as surfing a real wave.

hahahha :uglyhamme