TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General / Other (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   '95 Prostar 205 Front Port Windshield (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43530)

mony0002 08-29-2011 05:15 PM

'95 Prostar 205 Front Port Windshield

Hey y'all I'm in search of a front port windshield for my 95 Prostar 205. The windshield takes into consideration for the walk-thru and is a curved piece. I took it to the local Mastercraft dealer who contacted Mastercraft manufacturers as well as the name on the windshield and no luck both ways. Any suggestions of where I could locate this replacement piece? Thanks!

addo 08-30-2011 11:15 PM

Had the same problem with a 97 Prostar 205.
Taylor Made no longer make them so you need to get a custom built one.
Was quoted $4000 from Ocean Dynamics but ended up getting a perpex one made for $380
While new you can't really tell the difference
Other than that you need to search for a secondhand one. If you come accross one for a 97 then let me know!

Bouyhead 08-31-2011 05:53 AM

The windshield is still available from Taylor. I just replaced the whole windshield on my 96' Prostar 190 after the marina where I store the boat broke the starboard side. I still have the whole port side glass & frame. I think my marina went through a MC dealer in PA? I believe the windshield they make is a one size fit all, mid 90's Prostar 190 & 205's. Your welcome to the port side glass I have but shipping could be a problem. I'm on Long Island close to NYC.

mony0002 08-31-2011 09:31 AM

Mcantamessa: Does your piece consider a walk-thru? How much would you like for the piece?
You could take it to the local fedex/ups and pay them to package and throw that cost in the price as well. All I need is the front port, curved piece. I haven't looked at the frame since but Taylor says I can just take out the frame of that individual glass and send that rather than the complete.

Addo: I spoke with Taylor yesterday and they claim that they can still make the part. The gave me a quick quote at about $700 including shipping and all those extra expenses.

Thanks!

Bouyhead 08-31-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mony0002 (Post 785480)
Mcantamessa: Does your piece consider a walk-thru? How much would you like for the piece?
You could take it to the local fedex/ups and pay them to package and throw that cost in the price as well. All I need is the front port, curved piece. I haven't looked at the frame since but Taylor says I can just take out the frame of that individual glass and send that rather than the complete.

Addo: I spoke with Taylor yesterday and they claim that they can still make the part. The gave me a quick quote at about $700 including shipping and all those extra expenses.

Thanks!

I don't think the windshield I have will accommodate a walk thru. I'll post some detailed pics tomorrow. Funny thing is the new replacement windshield on my boat now is for a walkthrough & it fits like crap.

pcyr 09-01-2011 08:34 AM

I'm looking for the port side frame and curved glass for a 95 190. Don't need the walk through. I don't think the curved glass is the same on the 190 and the 205. I could come pick it up.

puck_11 09-11-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcyr (Post 785759)
I'm looking for the port side frame and curved glass for a 95 190. Don't need the walk through. I don't think the curved glass is the same on the 190 and the 205. I could come pick it up.

The curved glass is not the same, I bought from a guy who I thought had a 205, it turns out it was a 190. So I now have a 1995 Prostar 190 passenger side windshield for sale. If you're interested we can talk prices and shipping. I live in WA.

puck_11 09-11-2011 12:38 PM

I am still looking for a port side windshield for my Prostar 205.

Addo, I posted in your other thread, but its the wrong windshield for your boat. $4,000 sounds really high, was that because of shipping to Australia? Who made your windshield for $380?

puck_11 09-11-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mony0002 (Post 785480)

Thanks!

Is Taylor going to make your part? Sign me up! If they are can you get me the contact info of who you are talking to? puck_11@hotmail.com

stensq 10-18-2011 10:53 AM

X1 screen

So has anyone on here been able to get a replacement screen from Taylor Made?

I need the Port/left side curved section for a Mastercraft X1 shipped to the UK,
as Mastercraft dealers willl only sell an entire screen assembly.

Any Help!