TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Underwater Running Gear (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   92 PS 351 wake spray and prop? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=42558)

Dave Osk 07-20-2011 10:15 AM

92 PS 351 wake spray and prop?

I picked up a 92 PS 190 last week. It has an OJ 13 x 13 prop and standard 351. I spent some time searching Teamtalk for ideas on props and noticed a picture of a wake in the "show me your wake" thread that looked really nice. Actually much nicer than mine.
I was wondering what first hand experience some of the members here have had to reduce spray, rooster tail and improve the wake on this hull.
I read in the 93 waterski boat buyers guide that in 93 MC set up the stars and stripe with a lower bow attitude on plane to improve what I mentioned above. Has any one tried this on the 92?

TxsRiverRat 07-20-2011 10:19 AM

What speed?

What wind conditions?

It all depends on that

east tx skier 07-20-2011 11:25 AM

Welcome.

The 93 S&S and 92 190 should have the same hull. The WSM guys may have weighted the nose or something to get it to ride a little more bow down. But it shouldn't need much, if anything, to have a wonderful wake.

Here is a prop comparison I did on my old 93 205 several years ago. My impression was that the CNC milled prop I replaced my factory 13x13 with improved the wake a bit.

As for chine spray, in no wind, you should be able to get into 35 off without too much trouble. Short of modifying the hull, there's not much you can do about that.

Dave Osk 07-21-2011 04:46 PM

First attempt

I really want to see what difference it will make with the bow riding lower. The Boat was set up for a second battery up in the bow. So I purchased a battery to put in that spot and might move the primary battery from the rear to the front as well. Hope to run it this weekend and will take a camera along with me.
Thanks for the help.

TxsRiverRat 07-21-2011 04:52 PM

Maybe i ‘m not looking at this the right way, but wouldn’t pushing the bow down raise the transom higher and increasing the spray?

IMO, the OP did not consider speed or wind in his observations.

Dave Osk 07-21-2011 05:08 PM

I understand what your saying about speed and wind. What I am looking at is the height of the spray at the stern of the boat. If I can change the spray direction from up to out I hope to improve the conditions for the skier at all speeds and wind. First try and easiest is change the plain of the boat and see what it does.

TxsRiverRat 07-21-2011 05:42 PM

OK cool... I just think pushing the stern higher is going to increase it... Please post your findings, I've found spray at the testicular level is not fun...

LOL

Kyle 07-21-2011 05:50 PM

Install a 4 blade prop. The side spray is something you will just learn to deal with. I have about 250lbs in my bow with batteries, amps, gear etc. The side spray is still the same.

The prop did a lot and made the wakes softer and the turbulent prop wash is a lot less with a 4 blade.

Kyle 07-21-2011 05:51 PM

Btw -38 is still do able behind your boat, I've done it.... The newer ones have less side spray but you pay 3x as much for that luxury. Get some man hands and ski through it.

east tx skier 07-21-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 773551)
Install a 4 blade prop. The side spray is something you will just learn to deal with. I have about 250lbs in my bow with batteries, amps, gear etc. The side spray is still the same.

The prop did a lot and made the wakes softer and the turbulent prop wash is a lot less with a 4 blade.

A newer 3 blade will soften the wake a bit as well.