TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Trailer Tires... Which are best? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=41154)

oumiller28 05-23-2011 08:28 PM

Trailer Tires... Which are best?

So I have a 07 X-Star and I just blew my second tire on Friday. The first one went coming home from Tahoe last July. So are my tires just "old" now??? My boat is always trailerd and stays in an enclosed RV parking, and never sits for more than 4 months. Anyway I am thinking about replacing all 5 tires. Do I get the OEM Good Year Marathons or what? Maxxis?

thatsmrmastercraft 05-23-2011 08:50 PM

Anything is a better than the Marathons.

oumiller28 05-23-2011 09:04 PM

Suggestions would be great... but if you know what tire (ST215/75R14) is the best. I wana know, ya know. They have to keep the love of my life safe... and my family too! :))

CantRepeat 05-23-2011 09:32 PM

See what your guy has and make sure it's a 6 ply trailer tire.

liledgy 05-23-2011 11:48 PM

On tractorbynet.com, theirs different forums, one is trailers/vehicles. They talk about alot of different subjects and tires are one of them. A poster by the name of diamond pilot is very knowledgeable. Carlyles are terrible, he recommends a tire that has the word green in it. I can't exactly remember the name buy you could do a search on that site.

sand2snow22 05-23-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liledgy (Post 755611)
On tractorbynet.com, theirs different forums, one is trailers/vehicles. They talk about alot of different subjects and tires are one of them. A poster by the name of diamond pilot is very knowledgeable. Carlyles are terrible, he recommends a tire that has the word green in it. I can't exactly remember the name buy you could do a search on that site.

I just googled.....Greenball?

Stephen Nordquist 05-24-2011 12:03 AM

trailer tires

I have the same issue my marathons are seven years old and need replacement. I have never had a problem but then they were made in australia not china. All of my research points to maxxis or second choice greenball . Costco sells greenball and discount tire sells maxxis.

sand2snow22 05-24-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Nordquist (Post 755618)
I have the same issue my marathons are seven years old and need replacement. I have never had a problem but then they were made in australia not china. All of my research points to maxxis or second choice greenball . Costco sells greenball and discount tire sells maxxis.

Good to know. Tell me why Maxxis over greenball (so I don't have to do research:)

Boater_C 05-24-2011 01:45 AM

Can't complain about Les Schwab tires, and they always have excellent service!

Stephen Nordquist 05-24-2011 03:10 AM

trailer tires

There is not a lot of specific information on trailer tires other than customer reviews. Maxxis or greenball very close . I am going to buy a set of greenballs size st 225/75/r15 e rated for 114 dollars a tire plus installation at costco. My feeling is costco usually carries brands that give them the least problems and best quality and value for their customers.