TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   It's Here! X-25 Delivered today.... (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=40534)

ShawnB 04-21-2011 10:51 PM

It's Here! X-25 Delivered today....

5 Attachment(s)
First off, we couldn't be happier with how the boat turned out. Thank you to Jay, Bill, and Mikey at New England Freshwater Marine! Took it out for a maiden voyage in the 50 degrees air with 20+ mph winds. Can't wait to get out on that wake this weekend....

Now a couple issues I noticed...
- Plug and play ballast... It turns out that the front bag for the plug and play is intended to go in the walkway. Woah, that was totally unexpected. Can anyone else with an X25 and plug-and-play shed a little light on this? We were thinking that we may need to have some custom bags made for under the front seats but there's not a lot of room there. Also I broke off one of the clips that attach to the bags. *$#@$@

- Center flip-down cupholders/step. It's in the brochure. It's in the Zane video. It was even in the X25s at the factory and at the boat show. It's not in this boat. Please tell me this is a joke, i was actually looking forward to this feature!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com 04-21-2011 10:53 PM

Sharp looking X 25 congrats

CardenFam 04-21-2011 11:01 PM

Boat looks great. Congrats!

I may be wrong but the step looks like its there, its just folded up. From what I remember it should just fold out of the backrest, kind of like an armrest would.

I wish I could get my pics to upload so I could show off my new purchase.

MIskier 04-21-2011 11:06 PM

CF is exactly right, the center of the rear seat just folds down and that is where the cup holder/step is at

ShawnB 04-21-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardenFam (Post 747098)
Boat looks great. Congrats!

I may be wrong but the step looks like its there, its just folded up. From what I remember it should just fold out of the backrest, kind of like an armrest would.

I wish I could get my pics to upload so I could show off my new purchase.

I hope you're right but there are no hinges along the bottom when I pull the seat cushion out. I'll take more pics of it tomorrow...

MIskier 04-21-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnB (Post 747101)
I hope you're right but there are no hinges along the bottom when I pull the seat cushion out. I'll take more pics of it tomorrow...

It is hinged on pins, not on a piano style hinge...believe me it is there.

ShawnB 04-21-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIskier (Post 747106)
It is hinged on pins, not on a piano style hinge...believe me it is there.

Thanks, MI.

ddanenberger 04-21-2011 11:58 PM

we got caught up in the same thing. It problaly is not there. Apparently they decided to change it from standard feature to a optional feature right around the first of the year. They have a retrofit kit for a fee. we were not pleased, but they would not make good on it. when we ordered it was standard, when delivered it was optional...go figure.

ShawnB 04-22-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddanenberger (Post 747109)
we got caught up in the same thing. It problaly is not there. Apparently they decided to change it from standard feature to a optional feature right around the first of the year. They have a retrofit kit for a fee. we were not pleased, but they would not make good on it. when we ordered it was standard, when delivered it was optional...go figure.

Well I'll be damned. It's there as an option now on the build-a-boat. Definitely was not there in November when we built the boat.

Eagle 04-22-2011 12:44 AM

Shawn, I got my X-25 a couple of weeks ago. Because of weather and work, I wasn't able to take it out till yesterday with my dealer for the maiden voyage.

My dealer said he put different/bigger bags in for the PnP than the normal ones. My front bag is a V-shaped bag that wraps around the bow underneath the seats. I can take a pic if you like.

It's a very sweet boat. I can't wait for the first board/surf session, hopefully this weekend. Temps are still pretty cold here in the morning (upper 30's / low 40's).