TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Speed control on X-30 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=40053)

Deckerdawg 03-19-2011 04:52 AM

Speed control on X-30
 
I recently bought a 2006 X-30 and it has the Mastercraft speed control. It seems to work "pretty good" around speeds of 18 to 25 mph, but I have not been able to set the speed at a slower speed (8 to 12 mph) for surfing... Does anyone know if there is a setting that can be adjusted on the system? Thanks in advance for any help.

willyt 03-19-2011 10:32 AM

How hard are you pushing the throttle manually before your expecting the mc cruise to take over? My 05 mc cruise is very finicky about those slower speeds, I have to get within about .5 mph of the set speed and hold it there for a couple seconds before it will take over.

Btw 8-9 mph is way too slow to surf...

corey 03-19-2011 11:01 AM

The 06' factory cruise didn't work all that well for surfing speeds, newer versions were able to lock onto slower speeds but the 06' lacked this ability. Try running in RPM or Manual mode and this should get you up and running!

mccobmd 03-19-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corey (Post 739817)
The 06' factory cruise didn't work all that well for surfing speeds, newer versions were able to lock onto slower speeds but the 06' lacked this ability. Try running in RPM or Manual mode and this should get you up and running!

This is what I do to surf my 06 x1. Loaded wth 1400lbs of ballast I run at 2420RPM. The manual mode works better. Just turn it on around 2400 rpm and use the adjustment to change speeds.

Cmpdman 03-19-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyt (Post 739811)
How hard are you pushing the throttle manually before your expecting the mc cruise to take over? My 05 mc cruise is very finicky about those slower speeds, I have to get within about .5 mph of the set speed and hold it there for a couple seconds before it will take over.

Btw 8-9 mph is way too slow to surf...

At what speed do you surf? My kids like about 10 in a loaded x45

mccobmd 03-19-2011 08:53 PM

I'm at about 10 to 10.5 by GPS in my X1

TallRedRider 03-19-2011 09:15 PM

I never noticed a problem with it holding surf speed on my 2006 X45. I do think it may have helped a little to gently put the throttle down further about 5 seconds after the MC cruise engages. I know that you have to do that with throttle by cable systems to give the unit some 'slack' to work with. It shouldn't make a difference for an 06, as I think it is throttle by wire. But I think it helped for surfing and I KNOW it helped for wakeboarding. Often when turning, it would lose speed, but would not do it if the throttle was down.

And my X45 surfed well about 11 MPH. But I think most speedos get less accurate at those speeds, particularly when tipped sideways with lots of ballast. I GPS'd mine to be accurate at wakeboarding speeds.

btriantos 03-21-2011 08:36 PM

I have a 07-x30, and for surf mode, I toggle the speed control to manual. I get the boat throttled up to about 2600 rpm's, and then watch the speedo... when it get's to 10MPH, I engage the cruise.. it does a great job holding in this mode like this..

CantRepeat 03-21-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btriantos (Post 740185)
I have a 07-x30, and for surf mode, I toggle the speed control to manual. I get the boat throttled up to about 2600 rpm's, and then watch the speedo... when it get's to 10MPH, I engage the cruise.. it does a great job holding in this mode like this..

I tested manual this weekend.

Indeed, manual for surfing seems pretty good. Get the boat going, anywhere near your surf speed and then just push and hold the on button until it engages. After that just push the + or - pad to get it dialed and forget it.

Thanks to the folks that posted here I might not be spending all that cash on PP stargazer. :D

kwilkinson 05-31-2011 03:33 PM

06 X15 That is also what worked for me for surfing.

Set to Manual, Press and hold ON at about ~2600 RPM's and hit +/- to adjust from there.

I tried RPM mode and it would not engage, it was locked to 2400 but wouldn't pick up. Maybe I was coming out of the hole too fast, expecting it to kick in and before I realize it we are already going 15-18 MPH and the surfer is haulin a*# :cool:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.