TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Upholstery (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Aluminum honeycomb floor panel Mastercraft Prostar 190 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=34783)

simonmathews 04-12-2010 11:32 PM

Aluminum honeycomb floor panel Mastercraft Prostar 190

Hi - don't know if anybody can help me. I have a 1996 Prostar 190 and am having the interior replaced. Where the engine cover mounts to the floor panel has been damaged and I am wondering if anybody knows who makes the panel itself? Is it possibly made by Bellcomb? Thanks!

east tx skier 04-12-2010 11:48 PM

The problem was the washers used were not large enough. I put a wood stripe across that section of the floor to spread the load. Drilled new holes and used longer bolts. Worked like a charm. HDPE would work as well if you have issues with the whole wood in a boat thing (understandable).

simonmathews 04-13-2010 12:05 AM

Thanks for your response - a new section was added to support the hinges, but it is still badly damaged. Looking for a new panel.

H20skeefreek 04-13-2010 06:48 AM

Can you just flip it around?

03 35th Anniversary 04-13-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by east tx skier (Post 671867)
The problem was the washers used were not large enough. I put a wood stripe across that section of the floor to spread the load. Drilled new holes and used longer bolts. Worked like a charm. HDPE would work as well if you have issues with the whole wood in a boat thing (understandable).

I did this samething to the 93 190 that we are restoring. Except I used a piece of 1/4" alum. plate.

Jorski 04-13-2010 10:28 AM

That's exactly what I did to mine...it has held up fine for over 5 years that way.

ccelia 04-13-2010 09:32 PM

I just replaced the entire panel with 3/4" pressure treated plywood. After putting a few coats of fiberglass and a few coats of resin on the plywood, it is just as smooth as the original and fits perfectly and is very solid. Cost was about $55 dollars total as I had to buy a full sheet of plywood.

I can't comment on how long its going to last but I would guess that it will last a while as it is completed glassed in.

Dylan 04-26-2010 01:13 PM

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have a similar situation in my BF200. The aluminum floor panel makes a slight aluminum foil sound when stepped on, and has a little give that I'm not too happy about. I took the panel out, and it seems that the bottom aluminum piece has separated from the honeycomb area. Was it ever determined where to buy a new sheet? I looked into replacing it with wood, but the section on my boat is 1" thick. That would make a ton of additional weight vs. the aluminum. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Jorski 04-26-2010 05:48 PM

Well, you could probably go with 3/4" and put 1/4" strips on each edges...:confused:

93LT-1 02-08-2013 05:35 PM

Panel replacement

Hi, I replaced my aluminum panel with a 1" plastic panel. Its heavier but will not rot. I was able to remove the carpeting and replace it on the new panel. the panel was about $65